The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, basher brash said:

Just a quick couple of points had a friend that attended the rovers hospitality against Albion Rovers , not a Rovers fan and rated the experience highly however his words on the game were how the hell can you watch that sh**e every week and who is your number 11 cos he’s Sh**e ( Barr) ironically one of his better games. Another friend who in fact is a Rovers fan but can’t make saturdays anymore attended  Saturdays game as a one off same comment how the hell can you watch that sh**e every week and the most boring game he’s ever watched.

I must be just ammune to the poor performances now but it’s evident now just how poorly we have been but unbelievably still 2nd top with a slim chance of being promoted

Football Eh!

I think if you attend games regularly you develop a blind spot to just how shite the football is.  I once watched us play QOS on Alba in a Glasgow pub and watching us in a totally different context from sitting at the ground, I couldn’t believe just how bad the football was. 

Edited by roverthemoon

39 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I think if you attend games regularly you develop a blind spot to just how shite the football is.  I once watched us play QOS on Alba in a Glasgow pub and watching us in a totally different context from sitting at the ground, I couldn’t believe just how bad the football was. 

Would agree with that. The past few games where we've featured on Alba I've been embarrassed by our performances whereas I've maybe had blue tinted specs on when actually being at a game. 

Interestingly I'm not at that stage yet where the standard of football is putting me off attending the games. I've accepted that 9 seasons out of 10 we'll be mediocre, bordering on rancid, but going to the football is habitual for me and I still enjoy going albeit I've cut back significantly on away games. 

Would agree with that. The past few games where we've featured on Alba I've been embarrassed by our performances whereas I've maybe had blue tinted specs on when actually being at a game. 
Interestingly I'm not at that stage yet where the standard of football is putting me off attending the games. I've accepted that 9 seasons out of 10 we'll be mediocre, bordering on rancid, but going to the football is habitual for me and I still enjoy going albeit I've cut back significantly on away games. 

I don’t agree I watched the Airdrie v Rovers game on Alba and was thoroughly entertained.

Generally the football we watch is piss poor. The exception was that last third of Ray McKinnons season where we were good to watch. 

This season the home record is great but I don’t recall one memorable game where we’ve played great football. That’s not unusual. Under Murray it was a procession of performances that weren’t worth watching. Locke? Amazingly the away win at Falkirk (4-2) was really good but that was the exception to the rule. His sides were murder too. 

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

TV games like that highlight how difficult it is to get non-dieherd fans to want to pay £15 a go and watch that.

The one for me that stood out was the last game against Ayr last season. The board reduced the prices to a ridiculously low price, and we got about 3,000 there. 

This season the home record is great but I don’t recall one memorable game where we’ve played great football. 

The only game that sticks out where we looked the dugs was the 5-0 win away to East Fife. Granted EF were/are pish but can only play against what’s in front of you. For as good as we are at home not much sticks out.

1 hour ago, Oor Willis said:

The one for me that stood out was the last game against Ayr last season. The board reduced the prices to a ridiculously low price, and we got about 3,000 there. 

That was down to Matt Elders photo shop.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

The only game that sticks out where we looked the dugs was the 5-0 win away to East Fife. Granted EF were/are pish but can only play against what’s in front of you. For as good as we are at home not much sticks out.

That was just a decent side humping an awful side. It wasn’t great football we played. We were just up against no-hopers.

Edited by Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Aye but the no hopers hav beatin alloa 3 times and taken 7 points from 9 v arbroath,something you’s havent managed,you’s also failed to beat forfar or Albion rov away in 4 attempts,canny wait for you’s to go up 

1244317.gif?b64lines=IAoKCk5vdyB0aGF0IEdyYW50IGhhcyBnb3QgCnRoYXQgb3V0IG9mIGhpcyBzeXN0ZW0KY2FuIHNvbWVvbmUgdGFrZSBoaW0KYmFjayB0byB0aGUgYmlnIGhvb3NlIGF0IApTcHJpbmdmaWVsZD8=

canny wait for you’s to go up 

Considering your record against us this season, well every season for a whole generation actually, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

Imagine taking 0 points from 12 against a Rovers side managed by Barry Smith, a side so bad that it even let Ayr win a league title, a side so bad that it couldn't even manage a win out of four attempts away to Albion Rovers and Forfar.

What a nightmare that must be.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Considering your record against us this season, well every season for a whole generation actually, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

Imagine taking 0 points from 12 against a Rovers side managed by Barry Smith, a side so bad that it even let Ayr win a league title, a side so bad that it couldn't even manage a win out of four attempts away to Albion Rovers and Forfar.

What a nightmare that must be.

lol.

4 hours ago, fiferjon said:

Who you will be beating 4 times again next season .Aye Raith are great eh ?

Raith are invariably not great. That’s what I was trying to say.

Has it been 30 years already?

The board are hopeless at picking managers.  They sometimes get lucky, like with McKinnon - its the law of averages, not knowledge of the game. When Smith eventually jumps or is pushed he's almost certainly  going to be replaced by another duffer.