The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not finished yet , we have 5 away games out of our next 6 , advantage now certainly with us 

I know you're not counting your chickens, and I wouldn't either in your position, but it's definitely finished. We are done.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I'm actually getting sick of what feels like constant disappointment. 

I know that you're meant to follow your club through thick and thin, which I have for the past 33 years,  but my enthusiasm is dwindling at a rapid rate. 

Pretty shite and not very loyal perhaps considering we still have a realistic chance of going up, but here we are. 

I'm not sick of the disappointment. The last ten years have generally been good to us compared to clubs like Ayr actually. We've had a promotion, Scottish Cup run, beat Rangers in the Ramsdens Cup. We got the promotion playoffs, and then since then we utter imploded.  

What I am sick of, is the fact that we continually seem to bring in players who are happy to hoof it. Also that our board seem content to pick yes men who are tactically naive and play route one football. Look at any other team in either the Championship or about us and they'll happily stroke the ball about and keep it on the deck. With Rovers, it's a smash it up the park job. The last four results have pretty much convinced me (and probably a good number of others that Smith isn't up to the job. As mentioned before, the East Fife fans said he'll have one plan and if it doesn't work he's fucked. 

I've been going to the Rovers since 03/04 season. In that time, aside from Calderon (where I only made a few games) , the only managers who has had us playing any form of attacking football which was easy to watch  were McGlynn in 08/09 and McKinnon in the latter stages of his single season. Even then McGlynn was largely as we had the biggest budget. I can't help the feeling we were onto something with McKinnon, only for Dundee United to come in and wreck it for every party involved. It's soul destroying at times at this level, but that's the way we are at Rovers. What makes it worse is that last season St Mirren were rancid, before their ridiculous run. They're now heavy favourites for waltzing out of the division at the other end. 

Keep the faith Andy. Nights like tonight are utterly shite. No disrespect for Forfar, but to take one point from six against them is a farce. As the book released for our 125th anniversary says, "there's always next season".  Football for our fans is generally the slightest of peaks before troughs, trenches and complete craters. But it's exactly why we support this club.  One day, when we're celebrating a big win think back to nights like tonight and savour them. 

Title hopes down the toilet. I doubt Ayr are going to f**k it up from here. At least not more than we will! Looks like we'll have to take our chances  in the playoffs, which on current form this team does not have the stomach for. 

Smith should absolutely be shown the door if he fails to get us promoted this season. 

What I am sick of, is the fact that we continually seem to bring in players who are happy to hoof it. Also that our board seem content to pick yes men who are tactically naive and play route one football. Look at any other team in either the Championship or about us and they'll happily stroke the ball about and keep it on the deck. With Rovers, it's a smash it up the park job.

I can only assume you've not seen much of this year's Championship because the football on show is utterly woeful. Loads of long aimless punts, teams winning games through being physically strong and grinding it out, players misplacing 10 yard passes... Inverness tonight at East End were garbage and that's a team with some decent players and a good manager.

2 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Title hopes down the toilet. I doubt Ayr are going to f**k it up from here. At least not more than we will! Looks like we'll have to take our chances  in the playoffs, which on current form this team does not have the stomach for. 

Smith should absolutely be shown the door if he fails to get us promoted this season. 

That s the immediate problem I don' t think any rovers fan can see Smith getting us thru the playoffs! If we fail in them and sack him anyway why not just sack him now he cannot  be trusted in he playoffs. 

Probably just reacting in line with how pissed off I am at tonight's result. 

I'll be down on Sunday full of enthusiasm having convinced myself that Ayr will make an arse of things and that Smith has finally decided that long balls to wee strikers is abhorrently shite. 

tenor.gif

Tbh if we win the league I can see Arbroath going up through the playoffs. They’re the best team I’ve seen this season (bar us) and they’ve got an experienced manager who will know how to get them through games against Dumbarton and yourselves.

Really wouldn’t have thought two years when you played Hibs in the playoffs that you’d be battling it out down here. Gary Locke has started this journey off and I’ve no idea where it ends.

5 minutes ago, ScottRRFC said:

Hope we get beat on Sunday and get Ray back 

Fife finest idiot chanting SPENCY SPENCY SPENCY after being subbed and saying he is rovers through and through fucking idiot 

Thing is smiths remit is to get promotion but I would pull the plug now no confidence in Smith anymore but it simply won' happen. Our board will do nothing until it' to late as per usual. 

We have a manager who plays players out of position and seems to think it's enough just to just think that will win games, coupled with a set of players who aren't performing. There are too many of the latter as well. 

A once tight defence has also become an utter mess recently, and on top of that we have another goalkeeper costing us goals regularly. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

As touched on above, for all that Smith is clearly out of his depth, most of the players need to have a serious look at themselves as well. They can't all blame being played out of position or in the wrong formation.

Exactly we have more than enough talent out there this league is absolute dross theses players really need to take a look at themselves or most if not all are looking at jobs in the real world but as for now it' s Up SIM to do something. 

12 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Tbh if we win the league I can see Arbroath going up through the playoffs. They’re the best team I’ve seen this season (bar us) and they’ve got an experienced manager who will know how to get them through games against Dumbarton and yourselves.

Really wouldn’t have thought two years when you played Hibs in the playoffs that you’d be battling it out down here. Gary Locke has started this journey off and I’ve no idea where it ends.

It's hardly the deathknell of the club. Board members saying they'll get us a plastic pitch for next season out of their own pocket (which, tbf , means f**k all and rings alarm bells for scepticism). We'll likely lose a few players, but it gives us a chance to change things up and get rid of some of the players who've been substandard for us. Next season, it should technically be an easier league. Dumbarton should romp the playoffs depending on who they play. That would mean a league which removes Ayr, and brings in Brechin. With that said Peterhead could be a force. It'll end with our board appointing a new manager, at the end of the season, ideally Ray McKinnon. 

I should be mocking your lot here but I cant be arsed. Funny old game football. I fucking hate it at times. Comes with the territory I guess.

You have the highs (occasionally) and you have the lows (often)

An example would be... you're on a bad run and we've put a wee run together. Wont last. Still expecting to get  pumped at San Starko come Sunday. Some things never change.

Who gives a f**k. 

#TheHorseIsDeed