The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 16/02/2018 at 21:42, CALDERON said:

Happy Gregory Tade day folks.

It got a wee mention on Sportscene tonight. 

Apparently it was the last time Aberdeen lost a Scottish Cup tie at Pittodrie. And it wasn't even Scott Davie who said it. 

Tuesday night game OFF see o/s

Updated, 5th March 2018, 12.15pm: Tomorrow night’s match at Station Park has been POSTPONED due to the snow on the Station Park playing surface.

Our friends at Forfar Athletic have advised that “although some of the snow on the playing surface has disappeared by natural means overnight, there is still a covering of between two inches where clearance had taken place on Wednesday and Thursday of last week and up to four/five inches elsewhere.

However the overall environs both within and particularly outside the ground for spectator comfort, access and more importantly safety are still in an extreme condition”

Edited by rrfsee
Add more info

I’d love it if we somehow win this league to sign Furtado. But from back to front we seriously need to strengthen. But because we’re installing a plastic pitch that’ll hamper any major signings. The team we have just now is truly awful. Our away form is the worst I’ve ever seen. Sorry guys this is first I’ve been negative in a while

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d love it if we somehow win this league to sign Furtado. But from back to front we seriously need to strengthen. But because we’re installing a plastic pitch that’ll hamper any major signings. The team we have just now is truly awful. Our away form is the worst I’ve ever seen. Sorry guys this is first I’ve been negative in a while

Worst away form you've ever seen? If you started watching the Rovers 8 months ago that may be accurate, otherwise its absolute nonsense.

We are 3rd in the away form table, not great granted. Last season we didn't pick up any points between Jan and May away from home. I would probably say that's worse.

We also went from September 2003 - September 2005 without winning an away game.

I understand apprehension it's certainly how I feel, but that is such a ridiculous over reaction.

Worst away form you've ever seen? If you started watching the Rovers 8 months ago that may be accurate, otherwise its absolute nonsense.
We are 3rd in the away form table, not great granted. Last season we didn't pick up any points between Jan and May away from home. I would probably say that's worse.
We also went from September 2003 - September 2005 without winning an away game.
I understand apprehension it's certainly how I feel, but that is such a ridiculous over reaction.

You’re right it is an over reaction. But I have an awful feeling that this could be an absolute hammering on Saturday. It’s based on opinions I guess, we haven’t looked great for most of the season. I just don’t know what they do in training every day. Part teams train two times a week and yet we struggle to adapt and use that extra fitness to win. No doubt you’ll see that differently

You’re right it is an over reaction. But I have an awful feeling that this could be an absolute hammering on Saturday. It’s based on opinions I guess, we haven’t looked great for most of the season. I just don’t know what they do in training every day. Part teams train two times a week and yet we struggle to adapt and use that extra fitness to win. No doubt you’ll see that differently

“No doubt you’ll see that differently”. What? As in with facts to back up his statements as opposed to wild stabs in the dark and crazy claims put down to “opinion”?

I had no idea we basically went 2 years without an away win. That was at a time when I was travelling to most away matches too. Even factoring in the fact that the time frame includes the Anelka season that is a horrific run of form.

Claude Anelka should be erased from everyone’s memories by now surely....

Hoping the players are really pumped up for tomorrow. Need the fans to really get behind the team from the off. Might work in our favour being away from home in that respect.  Really get at Ayr from the off and let their fans start getting on their teams back. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Claude Anelka should be erased from everyone’s memories by now surely....

Hoping the players are really pumped up for tomorrow. Need the fans to really get behind the team from the off. Might work in our favour being away from home in that respect.  Really get at Ayr from the off and let their fans start getting on their teams back. 

Ha, we have some fans that get on their backs in the warm up!

7 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Doubt we,ll see a platic pitch installed next season if at all