The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the topic of current players that I’d keep for the Championship next season if we are hypothetically promoted. From back to front;

Lennox, Brian
Watson, Bene, McKay (my centre half pairing next season regardless) Murray or Davo (1 or the other for me, wouldn’t play them in the starting XI (presuming we’ll have better options) but solid back up).
Furtado (get him signed up), Robertson (player coach again), Herron (as long as this reoccurrence of his groin injury isn’t to serious and fit in the summer).
Vaughan, Court (huge season for him regardless of league).
If possible I’d take Zanatta back on loan also.
Not seen to much of the 20’s team other than; Brian, Watson & McKay, so can’t make judgement on the rest but I’ve heard Valentine is an excellent left back, potential break through season for him.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So lads, how would you summarise Smith's tenure so fat?

I’d say the jury is still out. Our home form is outstanding but away from home we are well below par with no real sign of a solution. 

His signings have been a real mixed bag and his persistence with Smith (the goalkeeper) tested a lot of fans patience. I also think he can have a frustrating reluctance to use substitutes. But on the flip side when he does make subs, they are generally the correct ones.

He will really be judged at the end the of the season. If we go up it’s job done and he’d hopefully keep us up next year and build on that going forward although I don’t think he has a McKinnon level season in him. If we stay down (which is still very much 50/50) then he will have failed and should be let go. 

So to sum up, ask again in 2 months time!

Has bar signed a pre contract with someone else as he clearly gives no fucks to playing poor and wanting to fight with paying fans. His contract should be ripped up or fined. He not the only one to play poorly recently Buchanan and Zanatta not far behind him. But hey keep their heads down and get on with it.

Barr's always been a moany little shite who reacts to pretty much everything. Some people do go well OTT when shouting at footballers and I have no problem with that being called out, but as a footballer he is worryingly thin-skinned and can't seem to let anything go. 

Having been useless for months, he's bringing this on himself.