The New Raith Rovers Thread

I really hope we do manage to go on a run now and get back up into the championship. It's essential we get up and stop being in a league where we win a lot. These hnagovers are fucking brutal. Lucky I was too young to really enjoy the 90s glory years. Think it would have taken about 20 years of my life expectancy. 

Its about the pitch.  Be interesting to find out where the £500,000 is coming from? 

As far as I'm aware Sim is funding the whole thing as part of a personal project in expanding Raith to the community.

Not a huge fan of plastic pitches but if it'll help the club in the long term I'm all for it!

Yeah I think we can all agree that if it creates additional revenue for the club it’s a good thing. I think everybody would prefer us to play on grass but it seems to be the way to go now.

Not sure how much income the club will get for that, is there not a few of these pitches already in Kirkcaldy?

Also, that is an absolute shit tonne of money so it would be interesting to see who is paying for that.

Sim is paying for it. 

I can't help but think this is a dreadful idea. Will save money in replacing the pitch and in terms of training facilities, but that is a huge cost and I don't think the community use aspect stands up to any scrutiny - there isn't a shortage of this in Kirkcaldy as it is. It also isn't just free money either as you need staff and facilities open to accommodate that. 

What is the lifespan of the pitch? 5-10 years maybe? The cost of replacing it needs factored in as well as it won't last forever. 

If it is about the pitch I'm a wee bit concerned about this piece of detail on the drawing.

Min 3m Safety Run-off

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/files/54B123FD268E95CBE25771D976135FA4/pdf/17_04030_FULL-04_-_TYPICAL_CROSS_SECTION-1982799.pdf

I'm not clear on the current run-off between side line and terracing wall but I hope we aren't going to be playing on a tennis court.

I noticed at Alloa that their pitch could have been a bit wider, but for some reason there is not much between the 18 yard line and the touch-line.

Not sure how much income the club will get for that, is there not a few of these pitches already in Kirkcaldy?
Also, that is an absolute shit tonne of money so it would be interesting to see who is paying for that.

The club loses tens of thousands on our youth teams having to use other facilities around Fife. There is no doubt that this will save the club a lot of money in the long run as well as bringing in more money from local use.

If Sim is wanting to use his own cash to fund it then I think it's a great idea. No doubt we'll get the short sighted moaners piping up "how's that money no being used to sign players", though... ????????‍♂️