The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Latest SFA suspension update and no sign of Davidson. Ayr United's Bell is there, though.

Capture1.PNG

Davidson has 6 bookings in total for this campaign; 5 have came in league matches, 1 from the BetFred Cup. 

Davidson is 1 League One booking away from a one match ban. 

There's a YouTube video up showing his best bits, some goal against Alloa.

I remember him splitting opinions at Raith? Seemed to score some decent goals though. 

I’m almost 100% positive that every single one of his goals for us( 10 IIRC) were screamers, or that’s how I’m choosing to remember them as we scored some fantastic goals in the second half of that season.

He did get a bit more abuse in the first half of the season than some of the other players as we weren’t winning games and he seemed a bit of a passenger at times but in the second half with Longridge, Connolly and Hardie about him, he was fearless.

I still have no idea what he was doing in the second leg at Hibs in the playoffs where he seemed to pick the ball up at the edge of his own 18 yard box and continue running back under no pressure and give them a corner in which Hibs score the goal to knock us out from.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I remember him splitting opinions at Raith? Seemed to score some decent goals though. 

He takes a good penalty too. I believe he is the last Rovers player to score a league penalty.

6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’m almost 100% positive that every single one of his goals for us( 10 IIRC) were screamers, or that’s how I’m choosing to remember them as we scored some fantastic goals in the second half of that season.

He did get a bit more abuse in the first half of the season than some of the other players as we weren’t winning games and he seemed a bit of a passenger at times but in the second half with Longridge, Connolly and Hardie about him, he was fearless.

I still have no idea what he was doing in the second leg at Hibs in the playoffs where he seemed to pick the ball up at the edge of his own 18 yard box and continue running back under no pressure and give them a corner in which Hibs score the goal to knock us out from.

Maybe Ray McKinnon told him to do it? Only kidding! I remember a couple of folk (can't remember if it was on FB, FanTalk or here) questioning why he was playing against Hibs, as he'd already signed a pre-contract with Falkirk. Craigen came over as much more of a pro than McKinnon did at that time though - remained committed and got in with the job in hand.... daft corner conceding aside.

I really liked Craigen. Shame he's been snapped up by another club, but I'm not surprised he's staying in the Championship.

Davidson has 6 bookings in total for this campaign; 5 have came in league matches, 1 from the BetFred Cup. 
Davidson is 1 League One booking away from a one match ban. 

Bell only has 5 yellow cards so why would he be suspended?

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Almost like an exaggerated version of Callachan, most thought of him as a decent player, but when he left us his importance to the team really started to show. Unlike Callachan though he could score some really good goals. 

Hope he is pish for the pars