The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not convinced McHattie being available actually counts as a positive.

I’ve never been a fan of McHattie but has he not been carrying a long term injury? Was a SPL player for several years so there must be a player in there somewhere although I guess I could say the same about Ross Perry (shudder)

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’ve never been a fan of McHattie but has he not been carrying a long term injury? Was a SPL player for several years so there must be a player in there somewhere although I guess I could say the same about Ross Perry (shudder)

... or Chris (Mini Messi) Johnston.

Possibly the injury has prevented him from using his athletic abilities to cover up the glaring gaps in his footballing awareness. It's that complete lack of positional understanding that really frustrates me, and that will cost us if and when he plays.

Not read the FFP yet so not sure if this is mentioned but got a text from my auld man saying Sim was willing to provide extra money to fund the Connolly transfer. 

Now that we've signed Furtado I'd assume we'll not be making a move for Craigen and that that's our signings done. for this window. 

Not read the FFP yet so not sure if this is mentioned but got a text from my auld man saying Sim was willing to provide extra money to fund the Connolly transfer. 
Now that we've signed Furtado I'd assume we'll not be making a move for Craigen and that that's our signings done. for this window. 

With the signing of Furtado, that’ll give us more steel in midfield.

On 31/08/2017 at 09:03, R.R.FC said:

Agree with those saying if we had to lose one out of Vaughan, Bene or Callachan then it would be Callachan. He will be a big loss as he's been excellent this season but Matthews is a good player and should step up well.

However, Matthews starting leaves us with no cover for central midfield but also takes away our first choice cover for wide midfield. 

If we could use the money to bring in a good quality central midfielder (Herron) and wide player (Willis Furtado still not got a club? Sure he was highly rated in this league last year) then it's not a total disaster.

About time...

As posted on the Airdrie thread.

Yep, echo the sentiments of others completely, once in a wee while a box of tricks comes along that's enjoyable to watch.
He seemed very professional as well fwiw but cant really blame him if he's moving for footballing reasons and a medal at the end of season, which is always good to see rather than just for pure cash.
Good luck Nelly.

Good news and glad to see us strengthen where was required. With Vaughan having dropped into the midfield would assume he'll play wide left, with Barr wide right.

With Bene and McHattie both hopefully back in the next fortnight, we'll have a wee bit depth again and can hopefully kick on and keep winning matches.

Edited by GhostZapper

Great news, anyone know his preferred position? Ive seen it mentioned he can play on the wing, can he play on both wings? Doubt he’ll be used up front as we’re surely good for strikers.

Think he’s best position is left midfield. He’s played on the right and upfront also but most effective on the left imo.

As a few Airdrie fans mentioned on their thread he had possibly been played out of position with them at times. Can't see him being used up front so only logical reason for this signing is to play him out wide. Only seen him play when against us and thought he looked a stand out for Airdrie at our home game but pretty anonymous in the 2-2 away game.

As posted on the Airdrie thread.

Always disappointing to lose any player but looking at your thread it seems he’s held in high regard by the Airdrie supporters. Every fan seems to have a good opinion and wishes him well. I guess time will tell if it’s a good move for him or not.

Furtado is a really good signing for you guys, IMO. 

With Bobby Barr seeming to have returned to full fitness, it'll be interesting to see how Raith line up. One of Spence, Buchanan, Vaughan, Barr and Furtado will likely have to miss out on starting so it will be intriguing to see who gets the nod in the coming weeks. 

If McHattie and Benedictus get back to full fitness soon and you guys bring in another CM then I can't see you guys throwing the league away. 

All the Best; hopefully a positive end to the season for yous! :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

It could be that they'll all play and that Matthews might be the one to miss out.

I've only seen a couple Rovers games this year so I'm not 100% on your normal shape etc, but, I'd assume that'd see Vaughan playing CM alongside Herron or Robertson? 

18 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Furtado is a really good signing for you guys, IMO. 

With Bobby Barr seeming to have returned to full fitness, it'll be interesting to see how Raith line up. One of Spence, Buchanan, Vaughan, Barr and Furtado will likely have to miss out on starting so it will be intriguing to see who gets the nod in the coming weeks. 

If McHattie and Benedictus get back to full fitness soon and you guys bring in another CM then I can't see you guys throwing the league away. 

All the Best; hopefully a positive end to the season for yous! :thumsup2

Doubt it. Vaughan has been playing centre mid so perhaps nobody misses out.

I imagine we'll continue to play Buchanan and Spence up top, with Barr and Furtado right and left and Robertson and Vaughan in the middle of the park. Matthews and Herron relegated to the bench, and then we have plenty options for cover.