The New Raith Rovers Thread

Shankland is the best striker in this league, and Mckay didn't even do that bad. The goal was sold by Thomson playing him on side.

He's been a revelation to be honest, done absolutely fine.

Edited by CALDERON

3 hours ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

Could McHattie be an option on the left wing with Murray in behind?

Better than him being left back, I'd still prefer it if he was somewhere else though, maybe east end park for example.

Murray does a better job than him any day.

Cant believe McKay is being criticised in some quarters like someone else stated since being subbed at halftime against Alloa hes came on leaps and bounds. Considering his age , lack of experience i thought hes been excellent and been a wee find this season. He reminds a little of shaun dennis when he first started out

Cant believe McKay is being criticised in some quarters like someone else stated since being subbed at halftime against Alloa hes came on leaps and bounds. Considering his age , lack of experience i thought hes been excellent and been a wee find this season. He reminds a little of shaun dennis when he first started out

I’ve read that McKay might be subbed to the bench when Bene returns. Why can’t we have the two of them working together, like we had with Bene and Toshney or a Dennis and Sinky combo. I think our defence will literally be impenetrable.

3 hours ago, basher brash said:

I only pointed out he struggled on Saturday when up against a decent forward line. Having another defender in so we aren’t overly reliant on him to the point he’s under pressure isn’t a call for him to be dropped. For what it’s worth, I think he’s done well so far... but you’ve got to remember we are playing at a level that’s made Davo look good.

I. For what it’s worth, I think he’s done well so far... but you’ve got to remember we are playing at a level that’s made Davo look good.

Interesting you should say that. Davidson has made 20 appearances this season, McKay 18. I think you could make a pretty strong case for McKay having had the better season of the two given Davidson’s early-season form.

Not that it really matters, I just think McKay is being viewed as a stop-gap when the reality is he’s looked like a very good defender. David Bates struggled to displace players like Davidson and Craig Barr too, but look at him now. For a 19 year-old he’s been excellent. Sure, he struggled against Shankland but so did Davidson, so did Murray in the game at Somerset, and so does everyone else in this league. He’s been a great find, for me.

34 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Saw Zanatta in the gym changing rooms last night so obviously asked him if he's coming back, whilst he was drying himself. I can confirm he's got absolutely no tan from Spain and I don't think he's coming back.

This might be the creepiest post I've ever read on here.

McKay has been really good and improving almost every week since he came in. This run of games will have done him the world of good. However, I still think our strongest centre back pairing when Bene is back in him and Davo. 

I’d also prefer Murray to keep his place ahead of McHattie at left back. Would be good to suddenly have positive problems regarding selection in defence for once though.

48 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Saw Zanatta in the gym changing rooms last night so obviously asked him if he's coming back, whilst he was drying himself. I can confirm he's got absolutely no tan from Spain and I don't think he's coming back.

Got my first semi in about twenty years reading this. Turns out there is life in the little man after all!

3 hours ago, champagnesuperover94 said:
11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:
Can’t believe McHattie is only 24 seems to have been around in Scottish football for ages. Any word on Bene or McHattie expected return dates?

Bene back for the Alloa match apparantly

Which one? U20's on the 22nd or the first team on the 27th?

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Furtado set to sign according to the FFP.

Connolly deal scuppered by him winning his place back at York who now aren't willing to release him from his contract.

Fickle b*****ds.

38 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

McKay has been really good and improving almost every week since he came in. This run of games will have done him the world of good. However, I still think our strongest centre back pairing when Bene is back in him and Davo. 

I’d also prefer Murray to keep his place ahead of McHattie at left back. Would be good to suddenly have positive problems regarding selection in defence for once though.

I'm not convinced McHattie being available actually counts as a positive.