The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Boy on the Airdrie thread saying Furtado has moved to KDY and is signing with us at the end of the month...

Reported on fan talk he has signed and should be available for saturday

quote.... Furtado is a done deal I’m told. Should be signed in time for Saturday. Also in for a defender on loan.

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If this is true, does this mean that mean that Benefit has had another set back?

Or McHattie?  Thought McKay was poor on Saturday too, struggled against a decent front pairing.  Getting another defender in wouldn’t be a bad shout.

Edited by Kdawg

Furtado would be a good signing, he's impressed in both games against us this season up front and on either wing.

I disagree about mckay on Saturday. He struggled a couple of times but overall did pretty well to limit shankland, who is probably the best striker in this league. He's come on alot since he was subbed at ht against Alloa.

31 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was McHattie tbh.  I'm far more comfortable with Murray at left back. 

Murray is pretty solid defensively  but his passing at times is awful.McHattie decent  defensively but a much better option going forward and better passer

Murray is pretty solid defensively  but his passing at times is awful.McHattie decent  defensively but a much better option going forward and better passer

McHattie is not decent defensively. He is absolutely awful defensively. I lost count of the number of times he lost his man last season. His positional awareness is that of a 5 a-side player.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can’t believe McHattie is only 24 seems to have been around in Scottish football for ages. Any word on Bene or McHattie expected return dates?

McHattie played for the u20s last night so if he came through that okay he might be in the running this weekend.

Benedictus hopefully a couple of weeks. He's started ball work but hasn't trained with the rest of the squad as yet.

I'm not too bothered by McKay struggling against Shankland. He's getting so much game time at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if he's learning and improving every game. The lad has been excellent and has the right frame to be able to go on. Hopefully he has the mentality and workrate to be able to keep moving forward. His role in the first goal in the game against East Fife was excellent. 

If he keeps up at this rate, and works on his physique, I can see him being similar to Bene. 

Edited by rw89