The New Raith Rovers Thread

Remember being pissed off him during the season as I’m sure he was threatening to refuse to play with us as he went for a trial down south (Norwich??). Anyway he was our only shining light that season, minding him ripping Falkirk apart at home early on, outstanding performance. Was a decent bloke too, hope the wee man pulls through. 

Dont mind a bit of black humour, the thing about doing it to close to the event is you might get away with it if it’s actually humorous. If it isn’t you end up looking a bit like a p***k 

5 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I don’t get the negativity held by some Rovers fans towards Nacho. He was fucking outstanding for us in what was a predominately shit team. Doesn’t matter that he went on to play for “them”, it’s what he did for us that he should be judged on.

He is one of my least favourite Rovers players.

A sneaky little toad, on and off the pitch.

My memory is a bit hazy but I vaguely remember an away game at Falkirk where Novo was getting pelters for diving and feigning an injury. He went off the pitch for 'treatment' and literally sprinted back on as we were on the attack and scored, what I think was, the winning goal. Many an angry Falkirk fan at that game. 

I attended every game that season and I’m pretty sure we won only once away from Starks (Andy Smith scored a couple in win at Broadwood) Nacho was a great player for us and I’ve nothing bad to say about him in footballing terms, he was also very friendly on the few occasions I spoke with him.

Think the whole Ross Matheson thing was awful though

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

My memory is a bit hazy but I vaguely remember an away game at Falkirk where Novo was getting pelters for diving and feigning an injury. He went off the pitch for 'treatment' and literally sprinted back on as we were on the attack and scored, what I think was, the winning goal. Many an angry Falkirk fan at that game. 

You sure we won? My memory is probably hazyier than most mind!

Off topic but I remember around that time being in the cage bit at Brockville next to the home fans singing ‘stand up if you hate Falkirk’ and a load of Falkirk gadges were sitting down lol

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Think that was a league Cup tie was it not?

Brockville was an amazing place to watch football when winning.

20 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

You sure we won? My memory is probably hazyier than most mind!

Pretty sure it finished 1-0. 

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Think that was a league Cup tie was it not?

Brockville was an amazing place to watch football when winning.

Aye was definitely a cup game. Assuming we did indeed win that cup game then I've only ever seen us win at Brockville twice, the other game being during the Peter Duffield days. 

21 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

I remember us losing by some silly scoreline at Brockville, I’m thinking 7-2 but it might be 5-2, 7-3, whatever, it wasn’t fun!

7-1 Connor's last game I think, I only saw 6 of them go in. First game I'd ever left before the whistle.

Actually apart from that league cup game I have no happy memories of Brockville.

Going there with inflatable seats was quite funny, until they beat us and went on to finish above us, denying us the chance to get promoted.  Only other positive memory was the Jocky Scott comedy moustaches from about what seemed like half the support. 

Hazy memories of being to brockville twice. Once when i think they put us out the scottish cup and the other i think we won 1-0. John rowbotham was one of the officials. Only reason I remember that is the guy behind me shouting “i know where you live rowbotham” when he was going through his warm up infront of us

46 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

Hope we are paying the lad enough for a new pair of trousers. I coached various age groups for over twenty years and nobody ever showed up wearing something like that. 

No, zico  was wearing drainpipe jeans and winkle picker shoes.