The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Where's Malpas at these days?

Funnily enough, we spotted someone who looked very similar to him in the directors box at the last home game (I think?). I'd forgotten all about that till I read your post! Of course, it might not have been him at all and, even if it was him, I'm not suggesting it means anything. Maybe he does scouting these days?

Well one has already happened. If we were playing well but not getting results that would be one thing and I'd probably still believe we'd be fine. But the performances have been awful with only 2 or 3 league matches where we can honestly say we've played well.

Today as soon as I looked at the line up I still had no confidence despite bringing in a few of the youngsters. This was because Smith will always play the same way...long ball, long ball, long ball!

I was never in favour of his appointment and I'm now sad to see my worries are coming to fruition.

If we don't win next week he's got to be under serious scrutiny. I knew when Lennox was fit he'd stick with Smith.

It's absolutely brutal and I look forward to the usual garbage in his post match interview.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

People  are really getting carried away  with our youth system its the poor mans league playing against  berwick or forfar if these kids are ripped apart by peterhead then what does that say?

Only Watson and McKay started. 

Bad result is an understatement. In the last month we've drawn with Forfar and been well beaten by Ayr, Dumbarton and Peterhead. Even our win against East Fife was an awful performance.
Perhaps if the same thing didn't happen at the same time every season folk would have a bit more patience.

Couple bad results and the knickerwetters are in full force. The sensible boys on here must be embarrassed to be associated with such tossers.

It's been 4 bad results out of the last 5 matches. But it's also been weeks upon weeks upon weeks of poor performances. We've all seen these results coming but the one person who clearly didn't was the manager.

He is the proverbial excuse maker. He said in the post match interview that Davo, Barr and Vaughan have all been carrying and playing through knocks...so why the hell did he play them in the diddy cup match. He's had a few opportunities to rest Vaughan and Barr this season and has never done it.

We had Lennox on then bench yesterday which means he must surely have been fit and means Smith must view Smith as his first choice now. If so that's absolute madness. If he wasn't fit enough to play then why bring the guy all the way up to Peterhead to sit on a bench when Brian could've done what he's been doing for the past 3 months.

Vaughan will probably be back against Queens Park this weekend, we'll probably struggle to another win having punted the ball up to Buchanan all game, and Smith will come out and say we've recovered. It's the home match to Albion and away to Stranraer I'm worried about.

Forgive the intrusion on your thread, but it's felt giving Mr Colin McGowans involvement in our current predicament this might be of interest to some of you.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/415/633/338/we-demand-a-better-airdrieonians/

I am asking if all true Football fans could take a moment to sign this petition to help a club being dragged to the dirt by it's current owners return to better days.

Why should you sign it, basically we have a club who's fans have achieved small miracles over the last few years building up projects which benefit the whole local community, meanwhile the owners of the club seem determined to run the club into the ground whilst alienating their own clubs fans and blocking an attempt from good Airdrie minded businessmen who are trying to get the club back to better days.

The supporters in recent years have been involved in providing thousands of items of football kit to a Charity who sends them to underprivileged people around the world, they have provided around 2000 Free under 16s season tickets to local children, they helped fund and build the first Sensory Room in Scottish Football for children & adults with sensory processing disorders to be able to attend football matches in an environment they felt safe and secure in, they funded and built a shelter for wheelchair users to be able to enjoy matches even in the worst of Scottish weather, they run a children's football group called the Airdrie Aces where for only £10 they get free football training before every home game,transport & entry to selected away matches, numerous free parties and events throughout the season, meet and play with the players and much more. They have also been working with numerous local and national charities such as St. Andrews Hospice, Maggies Centre, Local Xmas toy appeal and foodbank, Poppy Scotland and Save the Children. They have started a Community Football programme providing Walking Football to all ages and football classes to pre-school children as well as 5-16 year olds. They have also introduced a large selection of club merchandise which the club have been unable to do so for a number of years and have generally improved the overall match day experience for fellow fans. 

Meanwhile over the same period the club has been mismanaged, and led into murky waters where no information has been forthcoming on the clubs financial position, who the people are who are trying to take control of it and a general feeling of contempt shown to the fans by those running it.

Please help us get the numbers as high as we can on this petition to help the right people get control of our club.