The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are we not all getting just a wee bit carried away? 
We've been shite and still picked up wins and Ayr are only 3pts ahead of us having played a game more. 
January will bring about a chance to address our squad frailties and we'll push on from there. 

I see a few folk mentioning January signings. Are we forgetting that we're skint and playing in League 1?

Will the January signings happen this year?

3 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Think folk expecting a rush of signings in January to cure our ills are being deluded.

Sim won't chuck money at this (see the will-we-won't-we saga of signing a CB before being scuppered by medical bills) so I reckon we'll be pretty much going with what we've got until May. Maybe one young loanee but that's unlikely to have the effect of Connolly, Longridge, Hardie etc from McKinnon's January window.

Strap yourselves in folks.

I don't think anyone expects a rush of signings. 

Smith's wage will (hopefully) be freed up and I'm sure that the club will do their best to arrange another loanee that can do a job.

Add to this the imminent return of our best defender and first choice 'keeper and I think things will take a sharp upturn again. 

Being optimistic about the Rovers never goes wrong! 

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He was part of the deal for Callachan and also his loan is for the year.

He's not going anywhere as much as we'd all love him to.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

We have Herron for the year also, Geez depressing.

Ach well it was getting boring winning every week,,,,,,,,,,,....I'm sure it might have...............eventually,

Cheers trying our best to get rid of McGowan and co

I've no sympathy for clubs and their fans who end up the creek as a result of living way beyond their means and lording over their rivals, but when a club ends up in difficulty due to bad owners, I fully sympathise and support their fans' efforts to get rid of the bad eggs. I was thinking of coming through to the game in December, but I'll see what develops re boycotts etc. Obviously want the Rovers to hump Airdrie, but hope you're successful in getting the local consortium into power.

We've been utterly fucked by our board rejecting the signing of Gadzhalov, a well established centre back at Dundee, on loan, the decision to sell Callachan and the decision to play Lennox in a nothing game, in a nothing cup against Brora Rangers. This implosion is ridiculous. Third game in a row where we've been completely outplayed. The team and management really need to have a look at what they're doing. 

Serious question....say we lose to Peterhead this weekend and then into December go 7-8 points behind Ayr....would Smith be under pressure?

Well one has already happened. If we were playing well but not getting results that would be one thing and I'd probably still believe we'd be fine. But the performances have been awful with only 2 or 3 league matches where we can honestly say we've played well.

Today as soon as I looked at the line up I still had no confidence despite bringing in a few of the youngsters. This was because Smith will always play the same way...long ball, long ball, long ball!

I was never in favour of his appointment and I'm now sad to see my worries are coming to fruition.