The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Dissapointing to see the team is still being leaked onto Fantalk.

Seems there's still someone in that squad who has a sever attitude problem.

I can’t be arsed looking on that abomination of a website, so could you elaborate, perhaps with more context? 

Edited by Wardy

Someone last season posted the team the manager was going to pick before Dundee Utd, apparently it got back to the coaching staff at Utd. They've posted it a few times including before yesterday's game.

Exactly Mike, the 3 you mention plus Buchanan (who BS said previously can’t play 2 games in 3 days, so will be kept for Ayr), will be replaced from the East Fife starting IX, with the returning Davo plus Watson, Berry & Osei I would guess.

Allan Walker is available for hire. Left Berwick a year ago. I'm sure he's been keeping himself in tip top condition in preparation for a return to his beloved Rovers.

I'm amazed to see Allan is only 31.

Davo could definitely do with some back up when arguing with the fans.

For anyone driving up on Saturday leave yourselves plenty time. Currently a number of factors slowing things down up here traffic wise.

1. Average speed cameras between Aberdeen and Dundee.

2. Heavy roadworks at Stonehaven until Aberdeen with a couple of 50/30 limits (with Avg. Cameras set to this speed)   when I've been driving down the road past couple of weeks to the fitba the traffic has been backing up at about lunch time.

3. Getting through Aberdeen at that time on a Saturday with Xmas shopping kicking in can be a bitch. Can sometimes take 30 mins to get across Aberdeen.

4. Roadworks and a 50 limit between Aberdeen and Ellon (north of Aberdeen) again with Average speed cameras.

Enjoy.

Ou recent form has coincided with the boardroom reshuffle. All not well within the club?

Think Callaghan leaving us one of the biggest factors at play in our form decline tbh. Think Sim might need to get the chequebook out in January though. Another season in this league and say, Falkirk, coming down would be terrible.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep, lose Callachan. Gain Zanatta and Herron. Not sure we did very well out that.

Can we agree on these two as this seasons scapegoats or do we need to give it another couple of weeks? Can we throw Barr into the mix?

Zanatta, Herron and Smith.G (for now) is a fine collection of scapegoats at the moment.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Think Callaghan leaving us one of the biggest factors at play in our form decline tbh. Think Sim might need to get the chequebook out in January though. Another season in this league and say, Falkirk, coming down would be terrible.

Callachan was never the most creative player, but oddly our creativity seems to have vanished in midfield since he left. We were always going to miss him but I didn't quite think it would manifest itself as it has. 

We signed two strikers who are prolific scorers at this level but aren't scoring - that's where the problem is. Seems the lack of spark in midfield is to blame as well. 

Not being able to field a consistent back 4 isn't helping either, right enough.  

A lot people of the opinion that Herron is mince, personally I think he’s quite a good footballer albeit does go quiet for spells in games. I have absolutely no doubt about it that we’re not winning the midfield battles because Robertson isn’t playing there just now. When we went down to 10men on Saturday (at Dumbarton) Robbo moved back in the midfield beside Herron and that’s when we started to play well. Maybe the fans just don’t like whoever wears the no.4 shirt, previously worn by Davo, Callachan and now Herron...
Really surprised Bazza didn’t start with McKay at the back last night and Robbo in centre mid.
As for Zanatta, he’s pish!
I do agree that investment is needed in to the squad in January, a winger and a centre half, please Santa.
Peterhead on Saturday, C’mon Rovers!!

Serious question....say we lose to Peterhead this weekend and then into December go 7-8 points behind Ayr....would Smith be under pressure?

Out of interest what length of contract did you give Smith and can you afford to pay him off?

12 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Serious question....say we lose to Peterhead this weekend and then into December go 7-8 points behind Ayr....would Smith be under pressure?

He will be if the sheer panic from you lot keeps going.

Last night was only your second league defeat and you have a 100% home record. When we won this division, we lost two of our first six games.

Callachan was never the most creative player, but oddly our creativity seems to have vanished in midfield since he left. We were always going to miss him but I didn't quite think it would manifest itself as it has. 
We signed two strikers who are prolific scorers at this level but aren't scoring - that's where the problem is. Seems the lack of spark in midfield is to blame as well. 
Not being able to field a consistent back 4 isn't helping either, right enough.  

Forwards need good service to score. Both Spence and Buchanan are penalty box strikers and the one striker we have who could possibly deal with long balls (Court) has hardly had a sniff.

For me, the issue is most definitely the midfield. Vaughan can't carry the team all season. Callachan had loads of energy. His shooting was pish, but he was good at moving the play up the park and upping the tempo of a game.

Barr and Herron need to step up. As does the likes of Zanatta. If they don't we won't win the league. Robertson needs to be in midfield too. Not in defence.

Not sure what everyone else thinks but I'd actually be tempted to change formation and go 3 at the back when Bene returns. Our midfield is the main area of weakness for me and this would allow us to put 3 in there to compensate but still keep 2 up top.

Lennox

Thomson-Bene-Davo- Murray-McHattie

Matthews-Robertson-Herron (might be better in a 3)

Vaughan-Buchanan

Apologies for the god awful formatting and text size, on my phone and can't change it.

Edited by R.R.FC