The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This is turning into a disaster today. Spence and almost certainly Davidson out of the Ayr game and still half an hour to go. We've also been absolutely useless into the bargain.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont think Spence red card affects league games

^^^this.

He would have been suspended if it were for violent conduct

I hope Spence is banned for Ayr, he was absolutely rancid the day! On a brighter note, I really like the boy Jamie Watson at right fullback, that’s a few games I’ve seen him now, and he looks decent. Thought Berry was fine today also. Overall the performance was lacklustre as f*ck and we must compete and have a hell of a lot more urgency about our game come Tuesday.

I hope Spence is banned for Ayr, he was absolutely rancid the day! On a brighter note, I really like the boy Jamie Watson at right fullback, that’s a few games I’ve seen him now, and he looks decent. Thought Berry was fine today also. Overall the performance was lacklustre as f*ck and we must compete and have a hell of a lot more urgency about our game come Tuesday.

Buchanan and Vaughan actually linked up pretty well together. I'd play the two of them up front against Ayr and put in an extra midfielder to try and get a foothold in the match because I fear we are going to lose by 2-3 goals.

f**k sake. We put out a fringe team to Dumbarton as expected, with Smith in goals too and people are losing the head. Aye, we've hit a poor run of form in the last few weeks. But we're still waiting on our first 2 keepers coming back, our centre back (who is probably the best in that position in the league), our left back and we're playing Scott Robertson in defence.  Said it before the Dumbarton game but Robbo is surely at the point he's played as many, or if not more, games as part of our back 4. We're going through a bad spell. But we shouldn't be saying it's our season over. 

Smith and the players need to up their game, but folk are losing the head to a ridiculous degree. 

f**k sake. We put out a fringe team to Dumbarton as expected, with Smith in goals too and people are losing the head. Aye, we've hit a poor run of form in the last few weeks. But we're still waiting on our first 2 keepers coming back, our centre back (who is probably the best in that position in the league), our left back and we're playing Scott Robertson in defence.  Said it before the Dumbarton game but Robbo is surely at the point he's played as many, or if not more, games as part of our back 4. We're going through a bad spell. But we shouldn't be saying it's our season over. 
Smith and the players need to up their game, but folk are losing the head to a ridiculous degree. 

I never said that at all, I just said we’re reverting to type.Dumbarton were also missing 5 or 6 players from their team. Yet still outplayed us.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

I think the issue is we haven,t played well for weeks (albeit getting results)and really not much sign of turning the corner/performances.Can only get away with that fir so long.Accept we have injuries to major players and have a limited squad

On what i,ve watch of late cant say i,m confident of us getting anything at Ayr midweek

Edited by Rovers_Lad

38 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Haven’t read the Ayr thread to be fair. But hopefully you get my point.

I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't want us to continue on these sorts of performances as it doesn't help anyone with the club. But there's circumstances, and it's just a bad bit of form. 

I really don't get this Buchanan bashing. The guy scored 25 goals last season so he can't suddenly become a bad player overnight. Maybe just maybe Livi played to his strengths but we aren't?

We insist on punting it up to him every single week and then fans moan when he gets bullied off the ball by 2 6ft defenders when he's getting it at head or chest height 30 yards from goal. It's ridiculous. He's a penalty box striker but as I've said in numerous posts now how many actual clear cut chances has he had in the last 6-8 weeks?

Smith is not playing to the strengths of our front four. We have 4 attackers that ever team in this league would crave yet we have struggled to put teams away all season, bar 2 or 3 games.

Bringing in Bene won't solve this. Yes he's probably the best centre half in the league but concerning goals hasn't been our problem. At Forfar we spent 45 minutes playing the long ball against a strong wind with 2 strikers under 6ft whilst Court sat once again on the bench. Against East Fife I have no idea what tactics we played. Airdrie and Ayr at home we were extremely lucky for some quite awful goalkeeping.

Point is if we played to our strengths we would be clear in this league. There is also the attitude issue. Against both Albion and Forfar it was almost a "we're full time. we're top of the table" attitude and the players turned up thinking we'd win 4 or 5 nil and not really need to work for it. That comes from Smith.

I really don't get this Buchanan bashing. The guy scored 25 goals last season so he can't suddenly become a bad player overnight. Maybe just maybe Livi played to his strengths but we aren't?

We insist on punting it up to him every single week and then fans moan when he gets bullied off the ball by 2 6ft defenders when he's getting it at head or chest height 30 yards from goal. It's ridiculous. He's a penalty box striker but as I've said in numerous posts now how many actual clear cut chances has he had in the last 6-8 weeks?

Smith is not playing to the strengths of our front four. We have 4 attackers that ever team in this league would crave yet we have struggled to put teams away all season, bar 2 or 3 games.

Bringing in Bene won't solve this. Yes he's probably the best centre half in the league but concerning goals hasn't been our problem. At Forfar we spent 45 minutes playing the long ball against a strong wind with 2 strikers under 6ft whilst Court sat once again on the bench. Against East Fife I have no what tactics we played. Airdrie and Ayr at home we were extremely lucky for some white awful goalkeeping.

Point is if we played to our strengths we would be clear in this league. There is also the attitude issue. Against both Albion and Forfar it was always a "we're full time. We're top of the table" attitude and the players turned up thinking we'd win 4 or 5 nil and not really need to work for it. That comes from Smith.

This! 100% this!

Totally agree that Bene and Lennox coming back into the squad won’t solve our problems. Yes it will allow Robertson to go back into midfield and that does usually make our midfield play better. But I think we need to change our formation around. Play buchannan up top as a lone striker with Vaughan just behind. This gives Vaughan the ability to have a free role as it were. Would hopefully provide the service needed for Liam up front.