The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

There's a difference between you not being a fan of the hall of fame night and it running its course.

It clearly hasn't run its course if it's going to sell out again this morning..

I am a fan of it and been to them all so far, just don’t think it has the legs to deliver another good show.

If it sells out then great, perhaps the committee would reduce the number of tickets available to inductees and allow more fans in.

Edited by Beastie Russell

With you BR

Surely comes a time when it a struggle to find inductees that merit it.Everything has a shelf life.Take RTR,great idea and raised a fair bit of money over the years but attendances are beginning to fall away.

Good on those queuing for tixs,personally prefer to know what I,d be getting for £30

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I am an organiser and can understand the negative feedback. I thought we had a good player group on stage and it was never the plan to speak less to them. That has been one of the most popular parts of the shows. It just turned out like that. For example the announcer called  the next induction after Paul Sweeney's too early and John McGlynn talked longer than expected and both of these ate into player chat time. It's an area we will concentrate on for next year.

The VIPs were great on the day but I would rather they had had a chat with Bill Leckie rather than letting us have their after dinner routine. 

We have had a great response to the shows. Far exceeding anything we could have hoped for.   No show at the theatre sells out like ours.  It is however difficult to continue to increase the standard year on year and exceed everyone's  expectations. We have no theatre experience between us but we have all shared and enjoyed some memorable moments in our six years.

Has it run it's course? I can see why someone might say that.   I accept that to retain any value in being inducted the show cannot continue indefinitely.   For me it's worth another year and the criticism does make me keen to make the next one better than the rest.

Has the show run it’s course?

I think the answer to that is, the number of guests interviewed that think we have a unique show and something they haven’t come across before. That, coupled with the shows all being sold out virtually a year in advance.

Keep up the good work MacGregor and Team Hall of Fame.

1 hour ago, MacGregor said:

I am an organiser and can understand the negative feedback. I thought we had a good player group on stage and it was never the plan to speak less to them. That has been one of the most popular parts of the shows. It just turned out like that. For example the announcer called  the next induction after Paul Sweeney's too early and John McGlynn talked longer than expected and both of these ate into player chat time. It's an area we will concentrate on for next year.

The VIPs were great on the day but I would rather they had had a chat with Bill Leckie rather than letting us have their after dinner routine. 

We have had a great response to the shows. Far exceeding anything we could have hoped for.   No show at the theatre sells out like ours.  It is however difficult to continue to increase the standard year on year and exceed everyone's  expectations. We have no theatre experience between us but we have all shared and enjoyed some memorable moments in our six years.

Has it run it's course? I can see why someone might say that.   I accept that to retain any value in being inducted the show cannot continue indefinitely.   For me it's worth another year and the criticism does make me keen to make the next one better than the rest.

Fair comment Willie

We were pish before the clocks went back in fairness. Our form will improve once bene and lennox are back until then we just have to get on with it.

Possibly won't improve that much. Need a bit more drive in midfield.