The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

On twitter that it was said at the Q and A last night that we're so close to agreeing a new deal with Vaughan..

This is true.

Alan Young said when he met Lewis to discuss his future he asked him what he wanted, Lewis replied 'to get the team promoted'

Putting the ambition of the team above his own is the mark of the man.

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Clear as mud

Capture9.PNG

that looks clear... obviously Val has info on the other half which wasn't mentioned. In any case - fair play to those that have agreed to write that amount off - that's a fair chunk of money that the directors / former directors have been putting in out there own pocket.

Got held up at work and then sat for 40 mins trying to get to the Forth Road Bridge, so ended up missing it, but my mate sent me a summary of points! Those that were there will be able to further expand.

• Some scary financial results, but hopefully going forward that will be improved!
  • On Callaghan - we rejected a derisory offer from the Pars days after the players took their 25% reduction. Offer we got for him in the end from Hearts was the highest amount ever paid for a L1 players. Sims wanted to reject, but after convo with Callaghan agreed to accept it - deal includes add ons and trigger payments when he has played certain number of games. 
  • Vaughan close to signing new deal
  • Dev squad costs £95k a year to run. The development fund pays £700 quid a month towards it.
  • Some interesting proposals and work being looked into regarding how to better improve and use the railway stand. Cost to relay pitch will be £500k and board are looking at funding options
  • On the squad, the board had a player ready to come in, funds were in place - Sims said no because he wanted to see the Youth players tried first - Smith said he was happy with the squad and the youngsters, however doesn't really want to let them play more than 2 or 3 games on the bounce to protect them.

One comment made was that the chairman didn't seem to be across all the details - there seemed to be a lot of times where he had to get help from others! I'd take part of that to be that Sims and Sinton are driving this, and Young might only be there in some kind of transitional role until Clark, Sinton and Sims are up to speed on it all....

Its exciting to see there are some plans afoot for the Railway stand, and that will hopefully feed in to growing the club and putting us on a more sound financial footing. I can understand why Sims wouldn't want to throw more money after players when the point of youth and development is to bring them into first team as cover, so I do understand that. Locke and McKinnon both had massive playings squads, and the simple fact is, as long as we are in this division, we can't afford to have more than 15 or 16.

30 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Got held up at work and then sat for 40 mins trying to get to the Forth Road Bridge, so ended up missing it, but my mate sent me a summary of points! Those that were there will be able to further expand.

• Some scary financial results, but hopefully going forward that will be improved!
  • On Callaghan - we rejected a derisory offer from the Pars days after the players took their 25% reduction. Offer we got for him in the end from Hearts was the highest amount ever paid for a L1 players. Sims wanted to reject, but after convo with Callaghan agreed to accept it - deal includes add ons and trigger payments when he has played certain number of games. 
  • Vaughan close to signing new deal
  • Dev squad costs £95k a year to run. The development fund pays £700 quid a month towards it.
  • Some interesting proposals and work being looked into regarding how to better improve and use the railway stand. Cost to relay pitch will be £500k and board are looking at funding options
  • On the squad, the board had a player ready to come in, funds were in place - Sims said no because he wanted to see the Youth players tried first - Smith said he was happy with the squad and the youngsters, however doesn't really want to let them play more than 2 or 3 games on the bounce to protect them.

One comment made was that the chairman didn't seem to be across all the details - there seemed to be a lot of times where he had to get help from others! I'd take part of that to be that Sims and Sinton are driving this, and Young might only be there in some kind of transitional role until Clark, Sinton and Sims are up to speed on it all....

Its exciting to see there are some plans afoot for the Railway stand, and that will hopefully feed in to growing the club and putting us on a more sound financial footing. I can understand why Sims wouldn't want to throw more money after players when the point of youth and development is to bring them into first team as cover, so I do understand that. Locke and McKinnon both had massive playings squads, and the simple fact is, as long as we are in this division, we can't afford to have more than 15 or 16.

The development budget is £94K, of which the club contribution is £70K, the remainder is the Player Development Fund.

£705 is the amount contributed monthly via direct debit, this and other contributions (Foot Golf etc.) have taken the total to approximately £12,500K

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Clever to drop the Vaughan thing in amongt some absolute jobby financial figures. 

The matter of Vaughan was a question from the floor, the board were asked what was being done to protect him as an asset.

The overall financial figures are hardly surprising as we've known for years that we've not been operating a sustainable model.

The season we got into the playoffs, was a wee surprising we made that much of a loss - That would have included an away cup tie against Celtic, albeit it only 10,000 folk at the game, a home Scottish Cup tie v Hibs, and 2 games each v Rangers and Hibs in the league, and then the home and away v Hibs in the Playoffs.

However, Mckinnon did have a fairly chunky playing budget and signed plenty players both at the start, and, and if memory serves me right, we signed 4 or 5 players during the winter window..... Win bonuses would have been higher as well during that period

Last season is hardly surprising. the Hearts double header in the cup, but again Locke brought a fair number of players in, and certainly a few that would have cost a few quid. Clearly a massive drop in prize money. Paying off Locke and Jackson as well would have cost us money and prob used up the McKinnon / Toshney compo/sale money.

Obviously a worry as to how worse it will be this season! attendances, prize money, sponsorship will all be further down this season.

There needs to be a better budgeting system in place for the playing squad - We might not like that as fans, but its evident we aren't bringing in enough to sustain a large squad.
We need the board to get out there and find better ways of getting money in to the club, but we also need better financial management in place rather than having to dip into directors pockets constantly.

The other clear thing is we need to get more folk through the turnstyle. the performances last season turned people away in their droves - but we are much better this season and its much more enjoyable to see us bang in a few goals. We should use that to encourage more folk to come along and get enjoyment out of supporting the rovers - look to build the fan base long term ahead of (hopefully) promotion next season.

Edited by GhostZapper