The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Cheers mate, much appreciated! However, I am struggling to make anything out of that bus timetable!!!

Basically the number 60 leaves at 10 to the hour, on the timetable it only goes to Ellon Park and Ride but it continues to Peterhead. You're probably looking at the 12.50 from Aberdeen to get you to Peterhead for 2.10 then a wee walk up to Balmoor, assuming of course a 3 p.m. kick off. I quite liked it up there tbh, although the terracing isn't terraced as such, it's just a flat path round the perimeter fence. There is a covered stand you can pay extra to get into though.

On 10/15/2017 at 14:21, Raithie said:

Smith comes across like he can’t be arsed with pre/post match interviews. Doesn’t help that some of the questions presented to him are in the ‘it’s pretty obvious what the answer will be’ category.

Don't know why we bother with them, when the manager is against them.  
Surely its his call?

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:00, Beachbum said:

Decent displays from Murray, Watson and Herron today. Davidson was an embarrassment in the first half . Anyway, extended our lead and goal difference. :)

Capture2.PNG

thought Davo had one of his best games of the season Saturday. Played very well!

I always found Barry Smith easy to talk to & he always gave me more than enough material to ghost write his programme notes.

After match stuff on camera was always no frills & straight to the point though which is absolutely fine.

When we played St Mirren in the Scottish last season the SFA forgot to send thru the press backdrops so the press folk they sent thru wanted Barry to stand next to the cup whilst doing his post match interview after we lost, he told them in no uncertain terms what they could do with it!!!! 

14 minutes ago, fiferjon said:

You lot ready for the Methil Payback in 19 days time

Just wondering what our largest home score has ever been. I remember beatin EF some 30 years ago, 6-1, something like that? I am sure our Statisticians will know. Routine pumping of The Meh hill ites!! 

15 minutes ago, fiferjon said:

Catch 22 for your mob. The overwhelming majority of our fans don't care about your club. We only find it amusing you've not beaten us in about 28 years. If you beat us, then games would be reduced to a complete irrelevance. 

24 minutes ago, fiferjon said:

You guys coming through by bus this time..................or walking through, as usual?

Heard it was quicker going thro the Wemyss than the Staunin' Stane............... your call.

Edited by Wee Sandy

38 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just wondering what our largest home score has ever been. I remember beatin EF some 30 years ago, 6-1, something like that? I am sure our Statisticians will know. Routine pumping of The Meh hill ites!! 

7-1. Season 87-88. Remember it clearly.

fiferjon has the fishing rod out - try not to bite ;-)

Edited by Niall Russell