The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Sorry to disappoint the masses but we might actually look at people never to have played for us before

Agreed sick fed up of fans always wanting to go back to ex players.  Bates can do one and Toshney not welcome. 

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Andy Webster (CB) and Bob Harris (LB) are free agents.

Webster was a bit past it at Championship level, but he'd probably stroll league 1. Bob Harris was utter superb for Queens but he's been a bit quiet recently after going down South. Noticed he's been at their Championship as recent as 2016 so he'd probably be utterly class at this level. 

At the RRDS 08/09 promotion team event at the Strathearn hotel last night (really good night btw) and  Lennox, Bene and Davo were there.  There was a tongue in cheek suggestion that Davo picks up booking around now onwards so he's suspended in December and can get Christmas and new year off.:lol:  

On a more serious not Lennox and Bene were asked about their injuries.

Lennox reckons he will back soon possibly available for selection at some point in October.

Bene is still on crutches but not in a cast and didn't even seem to be wearing a protective  boot, he seems to think he will be back in as little as 4 weeks. Seems he has very little swelling and by his own admission is a quick healer.

On our other injury McHattie has developed what is known as a "sportsmanship groin" injury and apparently not uncommon an occurrence after a hernia op.  The procedure he had this week should see him back sooner than later. Chances are it may be around the festive season.

If all that injury news comes true and we have Lennox and Bene both back for late October/Beginning of November at the very least then I have an erection.
Including today that might be only 4 more league games (5 at worst) without them. 

Made even better by not having to put up with McHattie until possibly the new year :lol:

At the RRDS 08/09 promotion team event at the Strathearn hotel last night (really good night btw) and  Lennox, Bene and Davo were there.  There was a tongue in cheek suggestion that Davo picks up booking around now onwards so he's suspended in December and can get Christmas and new year off.[emoji38]  
On a more serious not Lennox and Bene were asked about their injuries.
Lennox reckons he will back soon possibly available for selection at some point in October.
Bene is still on crutches but not in a cast and didn't even seem to be wearing a protective  boot, he seems to think he will be back in as little as 4 weeks. Seems he has very little swelling and by his own admission is a quick healer.
On our other injury McHattie has developed what is known as a "sportsmanship groin" injury and apparently not uncommon an occurrence after a hernia op.  The procedure he had this week should see him back sooner than later. Chances are it may be around the festive season.

If it ends up on that time scale that'd be utterly fantastic. In my opinion, Bene is the best defender in the league and it'd be great to have Lennox back as soon as possible.

38 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Made even better by not having to put up with McHattie until possibly the new year :lol:

Remember how McKeown improved under McKinnon? Smith might have the same effect on McHattie when he returns to full fitness. It's way too early to write off McHattie.

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Remember how McKeown improved under McKinnon? Smith might have the same effect on McHattie when he returns to full fitness. It's way too early to write off McHattie.

I hope so too. While it's entirely fair to say he hasn't set the heather on fire it's also true that for the vast majority of the last 12 months he hasn't been fully fit. He played from before Christmas last season unable to train fully as he was nursing a hernia injury. That same injury was a factor in this current injury.  I say we wait until he is fully fit before we judge him. 

We had no effective cover for McHattie last season we saw spells of Thomson and Bene used at LB and Thomson wasn't even as good last season at RB as he'd been previously near mind playing on his wrong side and Bene just isn't fullback material.

Next couple of games, and last two in quarter are against the other two 'form' sides,  hopefully if their recent results are anything to go by they play a more expansive game offensively which should suit us more and make for a better spectacle.

Win those two and our 1st 1/4 record will be P9 W8 D1 L0, anyone predict that while a goal down in Alloa?!

Today The Jim McMillan lounge gave the Rovers a cheque for Five Thousand pounds, bringing the total that the club has donated to the team over £130,000. and this is with a membership of between 40 and 50.  Just thought you would like to know this.

Edited by steakngravy
fingers not working

Hank Scorpio posted about the classic Airdrie diamond strip and mentioned how it would be good if we had a unique strip like Airdrie's classic, timeless diamond.

Well what would that strip be? Would it be the twa hoops, the half and half. Personally, I see what some of you c***s wear and it looks like your mum/wife still buys your clothes, so I'm wary about asking, but...what would be your preferred classic design?

If it had to be a straight, twa hoops or half/half, then half/half would be the more unique in Scotland, but I'm not a big fan of either.

My favourite Rovers strip is the 1987-1988 one closely followed by the 1988-89 one. I prefer that badge too. Why did the badge change?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm