The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Are you guys the real deal this season Shandon?

Would have bitten your arm off to finish 4th this year so not wanting to get carried away but wee look miles better than last season. Declan McManus has been really superb but he's getting very good service.  

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Would have bitten your arm off to finish 4th this year so not wanting to get carried away but wee look miles better than last season. Declan McManus has been really superb but he's getting very good service.  

That figures. He looked excellent after Danny Handling came in and offered us a midfielder who didn't hide away like Chris Johnstone or Jordan Thompson. He won't be needing to drop down to midfield to try to create chances which will help.

As for us, I'm actually looking at the away days and looking forward to Saturdays because of how we're doing. Hopefully we keep our form up, as from a fan's point of view it's cracking. Wouldn't want to spend longer than we need to here, but it's a good chance to visit some  excellent wee grounds while we've been scoring and not conceding.

11 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Aye, it's early doors yet but the signs are good for both clubs. Dec was a bit of an enigma with us, was rank for three quarters of last season but played out his skin in the final quarter. Nowt against the guy because he always put in a shift and never hid. Aw the best.

10 minutes ago, rw89 said:

That figures. He looked excellent after Danny Handling came in and offered us a midfielder who didn't hide away like Chris Johnstone or Jordan Thompson. He won't be needing to drop down to midfield to try to create chances which will help.

As for us, I'm actually looking at the away days and looking forward to Saturdays because of how we're doing. Hopefully we keep our form up, as from a fan's point of view it's cracking. Wouldn't want to spend longer than we need to here, but it's a good chance to visit some  excellent wee grounds while we've been scoring and not conceding.

That's pretty much it. Just plays on the shoulder and is being teed up by Williamson or Higginbotham. Losing out on Paul McMullan has been a huge blessing in disguise as it enforced a reshuffle of existing players that has given us much more creativity. 

Can't imagine Pars keeping up this form all season so unless we go bust and get relegated the derbies should be back next season. 

28 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I think we should be aiming for 54 points at home.

Smith has already said that one of the targets is to win every single home game this season and so far we're on target so why not aim for that?

absolutely agree - I've seen nothing to suggest we can't win every game at home. Make Starks a fortress. start winning games by 2-3-4 goals and teams will fear coming here - an advantage before a ball is kicked - fans will turn out in the numbers as well if we are constantly winning at home.

Away from home, you would think if we kept going as well as we have started I would look to aim at winning at least 10 of the 18 away matches. That leaves you on 80 points + which should be enough to win the league.

43 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I think we should be aiming for 54 points at home.

Smith has already said that one of the targets is to win every single home game this season and so far we're on target so why not aim for that?

Cos we've all been going to the Rovers long enough to lower our expectations