The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was agreeing with you.

Smith hasn't got anything wrong so far so I'll stick by his judgement with the younger players. He doesn't seem to think they are good enough to be starting so he has my support with that. I agree from what iv seen of them aswell and iv only missed the game yesterday so far this season.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I was agreeing with you.

Smith hasn't got anything wrong so far so I'll stick by his judgement with the younger players. He doesn't seem to think they are good enough to be starting so he has my support with that. I agree from what iv seen of them aswell and iv only missed the game yesterday so far this season.

I think smith does rate some of our youngsterds but is doing it correctly by giving them a little game time each week to bloody them for later on. Hes a good manager and like you i trust his judgement a great deal.

The development players need eased into the first team where it builds their confidence and limits any potential mistakes that could wreck that. I imagine it's more challenging to blood young defenders than forwards, since any errors can potentially lead to conceding goals and costing points. The same risk isn't quite there with forwards.

Especially since this is such an important season for us and anything less than promotion is a failure.  I think Smith's going about it correctly. 

It's great that we are winning week in week out without playing consistently well for the 90 in games. Against East Fife I thought that they had a lot of possession but were totally incapable of doing anything with it.  I missed Ayr and Queens but by all accounts despite being taken to task and even out played at times we still brought home the points. Somehow or another (despite Smiths howler against Ayr) we have kept clean sheets and we always look like scoring (unusual but soooo nice a feeling).

I'm glad that we are so potent in front of goal but there's still a little nagging doubt about things. Last season at this time we were rolling along nicely in the league but you always had the feeling we were papering over the cracks.  Not that I am suggesting that's what's happening this season as so far we're looking very much like the real deal, it's just as a veteran Rovers fan I suppose I'm just unused to things going so well. It traditional for us have a great first quarter then get Sussed  by teams here after but this time I think we will just be too strong for the majority of the league, hopefully all of em.

I'm gonna try and suppress any doubts and suggest that this will not only be our season but will be the one that buries the old clocks going back hoodoo as well.

As for players going out on loan I think Osei would benefit greatly from a spell on loan at a lower level.  Both Court and Zanatta are ahead of him imo when it comes to selection. If he continues to only play 10 mins every game then he'll be away.  If he gets 90 mins even at a lower level (but higher than dev lge) I think he could come back and make a real challenge especially if he improves his 1st touch.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

At the moment we,ll pish the league but I,ll reserve judgement of our potential outcome until the clocks go back 

Last year signs of the collapse had started before the clocks changed, the second half of the Dumbarton game and Queen o the South away were miserable.

Even so feeling optimistic about our chances is an odd thing for me. I'm not getting carried away until it's mathematically impossible to throw it away :)

On the subject of fitness, I am informed that Andreas Thorsen has a broken bone in his foot, this happened in training.

He was at Hampden on crutches on Saturday.
From the few development games I went to last season, I always thought he looked decent and I'm surprised he hasn't featured on the bench more this season.

if Vaughan keeps scoring every game the chances of him being here after January are nil

Il doubt he will go, there's a chance he could have a clean sweep of awards at end of the season for his trophy cabinet at home. Just hoping some part time brute doesn't go through him at some point in the season cause that's a possibility

Il doubt he will go, there's a chance he could have a clean sweep of awards at end of the season for his trophy cabinet at home. Just hoping some part time brute doesn't go through him at some point in the season cause that's a possibility

He'll stay till end of season and unless we offer mega things he's gone

He'll stay till end of season and unless we offer mega things he's gone