The New Raith Rovers Thread

You guys are having a purple patch like we did through the league cup and early league games. Where every chance seems to go in and winning seems easy. I guarantee you won't maintain this and things will tighten up at the top of the league again. Lady Luck will not always shine on you and our terrible luck has got to end soon.

You guys are having a purple patch like we did through the league cup and early league games. Where every chance seems to go in and winning seems easy. I guarantee you won't maintain this and things will tighten up at the top of the league again. Lady Luck will not always shine on you and our terrible luck has got to end soon.

I sense your tears are still flowing, of course it'll tail off. The clocks haven't went back yet. Injuries and suspensions will obviously be a factor. But the way the team are playing for each other and the manager is pretty awesome so we're enjoying the ride. I'm sure Ayr will come good, obviously not against us.

45 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Ah Lady Luck, rub of the green etc etc

We are on our 3rd choice keeper, centre half with broken leg, left back out for weeks.

aye it's great being lucky 

Aye, we're lucky and you're not. It's nowt to do with the fact our forwards are far superior to the shite you have eh?

Tbf, you could argue we've been unlucky not to take a full haul of 18 points given Alloa somehow managed to clear about 5 chances off the line. We've hit full momentum, as others have suggested, with a lot of key players missing. 

Every game we've won has been down to a combination of having a better attacking and a defence who have been completely resolute. In some instances it's  the attack that shines. Last week we were phenomenal in defending. 

Looking at our team as a fan, I think we've got an exceptional team spirit and a real hunger from the players to put last season to bed. Bobby Barr, Lewis Vaughan and Scott Robertson have all been playing our their skins, probably because of the embarrassment of last season. This season we know the squad will give their all, and that we have players who'll happily step up. We've got rid of utter deadwood dross like Jordan Thompson and Chris Johnston (and the past it Rudi Skacel) and replaced them with the likes of Buchanan, Spence, Herron and Zanatta. 

We've also got rid of a CEO who criticised the fans for not buying tickets to a January cup game against Hearts when we'd not won since October. 

We're just enjoying the ride at the moment. I know it's early days, but I'd far rather be in our position, with our squad and even with our obvious injury problems, than have Ayr's squad and position.  Vaughan is comfortably a level above anyone in this league, but even then Buchanan is still scoring too, and we're getting other players chipping in. 

And to think we're still waiting to get Cuthbert, Lennox, Benedictus and McHattie back. When that happens we'd have Robbo back into midfield too. If we keep up our form during that time, we'll be in a very strong position. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Image result for mind the gap

tapatalk_1505056522513.jpeg

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree that our current free scoring run won't continue, we certainly didn't deserve to win our past two games with 7-1 aggregate score.

We have been playing well all season though even before this purple patch.

Don't buy this poor Ayr nonsense. You can't concede 5 goals in your last 2 home games and starting looking elsewhere for blame.

Why are you trying to be negative and pick faults after yesterday?

We need to make sure every game this early in the season is dead and buried and considering apart from the first 7 minutes, the rest of the first half was fairly even, if not Queens Park shading it, shows exactly why bringing youth players on at half time would have been a bad move. That's exactly the time you would look to bring youth players on for the last 10 minutes or if it becomes a ridiculous score beforehand.

It was a thoroughly professional performance yesterday. My issues really are more with the full system. The u20s win the league and have to play the same teams the following season. There is little to bring them on IMO except for first team football.

It does seem to me Smith doesn't think they are quite ready for first team football. Yesterday was a great chance to play mckay but he went for robbo at cb instead. The problem we have though is because of our squad size we can't loan them out to get them game time so for the foreseeable future may need to rely on 10 minute cameos and youth games.

It was a thoroughly professional performance yesterday. My issues really are more with the full system. The u20s win the league and have to play the same teams the following season. There is little to bring them on IMO except for first team football.

The manger sees these players every week at training, and if he felt they were capable then I'm sure he'd play them.

Always great to see local (or boys who've come through the ranks) lads come through but they have to be good enough. If we can get a right good one every year or two then great.

I trust the manager to make the call on who he thinks is ready / good enough to contribute to the first team.

Totally agree with your comment on another post about putting Osei out on loan. Let's see if he can cut it. I personally think Court is a better bet than Osei and now we have Zanatta in we are well enough covered up top.