The New Raith Rovers Thread

Herron should be a good signing, especially if we manage to somehow keep him fit. Adds another body into the middle and hopefully he'll add a bit of creativity into midfield. 

The lesson for next season should be, don't include the challenge cup as part of a season ticket so we're not propping up teams like Brora during midweek games where they're not going to bring any fans. It's nobodies fault, just an oversight. 

I say we offer Ross Co a cut of the gate represented by the season ticket holders present, but  only if they can bring anything resembling a sizable travelling support (eg >100 fans)

Nice theory, but I think we'd be raging if Sevco or Sellik said they'd only give us a cut of the season ticket holders present if we brought more than 4000 fans to Snake Mountain or the Brendanbeu.

Didn't our board set the cash at the gate price ?

I think gate prices for cup ties have to be mutually agreed, otherwise it goes by either the home team's standard league prices, although it might have changed. I remember there was a row a few seasons ago when Hearts played St Johnstone in a televised Scottish Cup tie on a Monday night and Hearts wanted to cut the prices, but St Johnstone refused.

14 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Didn't our board set the cash at the gate price ?

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think gate prices for cup ties have to be mutually agreed, otherwise it goes by either the home team's standard league prices, although it might have changed. I remember there was a row a few seasons ago when Hearts played St Johnstone in a televised Scottish Cup tie on a Monday night and Hearts wanted to cut the prices, but St Johnstone refused.

From the Irn Bru Cup rules.

Board Minimum Prices for Ground Admission for Challenge Cup Matches
All Clubs/clubs competing in the competition:
Adult - £10.00; and
Juveniles and Senior Citizens - £5.00.

Will there actually be any away fans tomorrow? I haven't checked if Ross County (adults) are playing but how many people will travel down from Dingwall to see the kids playing? The competition is a farce, I'm glad we won it in the fashion we did but the boys can take it easy tomorrow as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, grumswall said:

Will there actually be any away fans tomorrow? I haven't checked if Ross County (adults) are playing but how many people will travel down from Dingwall to see the kids playing? The competition is a farce, I'm glad we won it in the fashion we did but the boys can take it easy tomorrow as far as I'm concerned.

International weekend so they won't be playing. Only one or two of them have posted on the cup forum. I'd be amazed if it's over a dozen local Staggies who might have a small interest. It's utterly pointless to have these teams involved, and devalues the competition. 

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:58, cowdenbeath said:

You get £3700 in prize money for losing in the 1st round plus what ever you made from the gate.

Prize money by round is 

1st £3700

2nd £5400

3rd £7500

QF £10000

SF £12500

Runner Up £15000

Winner £20000

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm assuming same rules will apply as the Brora game and we will end up out of pocket again aswell.

Maybe on the gate takings alone, but this will be offset by the prize money, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Maybe on the gate takings alone, but this will be offset by the prize money, hopefully.

Aye I was meaning the gate money Zen. Your in the 2nd round so your got at least £5700 of prize money.

Edited to add

I thought this was in the Challenge Cup thread where I mentioned about being out of pocket giving the game free to ST holders:lol:

Edited by cowdenbeath

53 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Nice theory, but I think we'd be raging if Sevco or Sellik said they'd only give us a cut of the season ticket holders present if we brought more than 4000 fans to Snake Mountain or the Brendanbeu.

Meh! Fcuk them!

21 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm assuming same rules will apply as the Brora game and we will end up out of pocket again aswell.

Nailed on cert I'd say.

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

So ok we carry on maybe breaking even in the long term, I still say it's not worth it financially alone but the possibility of injuries makes it a no brainer Dave.

That certainly goes against what was in the ffp about the Brora game. Apparently we took in 2400 roughly and had to pay them 2700 roughly. It never stated prize money or gate receipts granted but even at that it's not a good outlook.

Eta: you will have wages, bonuses ground staff etc all on top of that which would take away any potential profit based on prize money.

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree but a pretty poor return over two days for the amount of organisation and work involved.Personally think its passed/passing its sell by date

Yeah, when you only make £450 for the club for the amount of effort involved, it's probably time to give up. I think Quinny is trying to get himself a stand named after him or an OBE so his ego won't want to give it up.

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-lost-money-by-staging-irn-bru-cup-tie-1-4548764

We should never include season tickets if we have to pay a % to other clubs and risk a loss.

A bit bizarre, your one of the few teams to allow season ticket holders in for free and then moan when you have to split the gate. Your board should come into the 21st century and make season tickets only for league game, like all other clubs. It ain't rocket science guys.

27 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

A bit bizarre, your one of the few teams to allow season ticket holders in for free and then moan when you have to split the gate. Your board should come into the 21st century and make season tickets only for league game, like all other clubs. It ain't rocket science guys.

Out board should either get some serious media training, or shut the f**k up.

It is almost going beyond embarrassing.

I agree with you but given our lot, we'd moan that a season ticket was less value for money