The New Raith Rovers Thread

Glad to see that the old "cannae stand in his way, eh" attitude has been launched into the fucking sea alongside a certain hapless double act from last season. 

Unless we're being offered a ridiculously good fee (or player) we should turn it down. We will lose Callachan for free at the season's end (though will get some sort of development fee, I guess) but the main objective this season is to get promoted and to do that we need to keep hold of our best players. Promotion is likely worth more than whatever transfer fee are likely to receive. 

With all due respect there's no way Callahan is good enough for Hearts, or any other 'top 6' side. He'll sign a two year deal, play less than 10 games before signing for the Pars or Livi.

If it's a decent bit of cash I'd take it tbh. Matthews is a more than adequate replacement who I still think should be starting anyway, we should be able to get a decent back up on loan with the wages saved from Callachan and it would be some much needed cash into the coffers, only downside would be if we couldn't get someone in on time to replace him. 

I realise this will be an unpopular opinion and I appreciate that we don't want to be losing anyone with such a small squad but I've seen enough long range woeful attempts to last a lifetime and I'm not convinced this would be the end of the world. 

I'd rather we didn't lose him too, it is the lesser of the evils though as I feel the loss of Lewis or Bene would be more keenly felt. 

As said It is the chance for Mattew to shine and maybe to bring in someone else as cover.

Guessing that's our old pal Locke's efforts involved here. Fucking us over one more time.

I reckon he will go, but we need to cover ourselves for a replacement - somehow. I think Matthews is a very decent player but outside of him and Robertson? We'd be struggling.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Guessing that's our old pal Locke's efforts involved here. Fucking us over one more time.

I reckon he will go, but we need to cover ourselves for a replacement - somehow. I think Matthews is a very decent player but outside of him and Robertson? We'd be struggling.

Apparently we're being offered a player plus cash deal. 

No doubt a player that even Locke wouldn't have contemplated bringing to us, right enough...