The New Raith Rovers Thread

FFS. Nothing against the new keeper but really disappointed we have had to waste some of the budget on another goalie when we have other positions that desperatly need cover/ competition for places. Lennox was really looking in great form as well. I would rather we were out of the challenge cup and had a fit Aaron Lennox. How much longer is Cuthbert out for? 

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

FFS. Nothing against the new keeper but really disappointed we have had to waste some of the budget on another goalie when we have other positions that desperatly need cover/ competition for places. Lennox was really looking in great form as well. I would rather we were out of the challenge cup and had a fit Aaron Lennox. How much longer is Cuthbert out for? 

With Cuthbert and Lennox out then signing a new keeper was vital. It would have been crazy to just persevere with the young boy and just cross our fingers he also didn't get injured. No issues with this signing at all, it was needed more so than other areas at present. 

Yeah he could have been injured pre-season, or againast Alloa or Stanraer...but he wasn't. We risked him in a completely meaningless match when it should have been an almost entire youth team playing. Barry has to accept full responsibility for this. Let's just hope it is only a few weeks.

This is true, injuries happen. 

What is hard to take is that he got injured against a Highland League side in a pointless cup that we'll lose money from participating in. And to add insult to injury, we now also have to sign another goalkeeper to avert a repeat of last season's farce at Ayr. 

Fucking boo. 

Just now, Raithie said:

With Cuthbert and Lennox out then signing a new keeper was vital. It would have been crazy to just persevere with the young boy and just cross our fingers he also didn't get injured. No issues with this signing at all, it was needed more so than other areas at present. 

I agree it is vital that we signed a keeper now but my point is it will probably cost us another signing and all because we played our first team against Brora in that moronic cup. Hope big Baz has learned a lesson and we see the youths play in the next round.

I agree it is vital that we signed a keeper now but my point is it will probably cost us another signing and all because we played our first team against Brora in that moronic cup. Hope big Baz has learned a lesson and we see the youths play in the next round.

We could have played Rory Brian in that game and he could have picked up an injury instead - we would have still needed to sign a keeper as going for weeks with only one would be crazy.

3 minutes ago, true_rover said:

We could have played Rory Brian in that game and he could have picked up an injury instead - we would have still needed to sign a keeper as going for weeks with only one would be crazy.

If Brian was injured and Lennox fit we wouldn't have signed an experienced keeper like Smith. And in all likelihood Brian wouldn't have gotten injured anyway. There is no getting away from the fact that risking first team players in the challenge cup is utter stupidity when we have such a thin squad.  All the cups should be treated with contempt this season given our squad size and need for promotion. 

Idiocy in playing virtually the whole first team shines through. This isn't hindsight talking either, pretty much everyone seemed in agreement before the game was played. Surely only the development team play against Ross County now?

It's pretty bad luck to have two excellent goalkeepers in Cuthbert and Lennox both injured, right enough. This could be a huge factor in determining our outcome at the end of the season.

Isn't Smith a bit pish?