The New Raith Rovers Thread

Point about the young players though ...watching mckay at alloa looked way off it and last night berry was again way off it IMO.

I thought berry looked quite good last night, he's not quite there but you can see he has something.

40 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

I thought berry looked quite good last night, he's not quite there but you can see he has something there

he will get better as experience grows just gave the ball away a lot instead of keeping it simple ....though most of the team fell into this category last night .

still we are  through ...no point being negative.

another 3-0 on Saturday will be lovely

Edited by rover1985

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Would it be wrong to assume that the board have negotiated the use of Dundee tickets in return for selling them Vaughan?

Probably a better deal than we got with Rangers for Bates.

4 hours ago, renton said:

Reason #112 why the challenge cup should be played out by a selection of kids, training cones and that seagull trying to find food in the right back area.

4 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Would have liked to have  seen more youngsters yesterday but in retrospect you've got to say the manager was spot on with his selection given how competitive Brora were. Hope Lennox is OK though he really has been in superb form so far this season. Callachan was excellent last night despite the usual morons in the south stand being on his back.  Got to say also as I criticise him plenty, that I was impressed again by Barr.  He seems very determined and has played like he has a point to prove the last few weeks.

I certainly think Brora were a half decent outfit - threatened more than Stranraer did on Saturday and could have and should have been 1-0 up, although undoubtedly we were more up for Satruday's game

In terms of selection, its still early - he is trying to give players the chance to link up, gain confidence etc.... For me, the team that started was a fair enough pick - Davo was always going to start after his suspension, McHattie needed the game time.... nd the others were in to make sure we won! Good to see Ferry get a game, and I would have prob would have liked Yaw and McKay to be given starts, and maybe Thorsen get a run out as well. But winning these games has to be a priority, and he picked a team to do that!

Its easy saying this is a micky mouse tournament and joking about cones and kids playing, but surely every one of us would love it if we went far in this competition and got close to winning it!

Also - hearing there is movement on the takeover front and we should hear something later on today.

Edited by GhostZapper

7 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

I certainly think Brora were a half decent outfit - threatened more than Stranraer did on Saturday and could have and should have been 1-0 up, although undoubtedly we were more up for Satruday's game

In terms of selection, its still early - he is trying to give players the chance to link up, gain confidence etc.... For me, the team that started was a fair enough pick - Davo was always going to start after his suspension, McHattie needed the game time.... nd the others were in to make sure we won! Good to see Ferry get a game, and I would have prob would have liked Yaw and McKay to be given starts, and maybe Thorsen get a run out as well. But winning these games has to be a priority, and he picked a team to do that!

Its easy saying this is a micky mouse tournament and joking about cones and kids playing, but surely every one of us would love it if we went far in this competition and got close to winning it!

Also - hearing there is movement on the takeover front and we should hear something later on today.

Not really, no. There is little prestige, and even less financial gain from competing in, and winning it. It's no more than a distraction, a drain on resources that we really cannot afford. I didn't feel any different even when we did win the thing, that at least had the bonus of being against Rangers, but at the end of the day, it felt like any other match, and did nothing to move the team and club forward.

20 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Image result for mark ferry raith rovers

18 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Comfortable. Minor downsides being the booking that Benedictus picked up in the last minute, for a totally innocuous challenge, and that Lennox finished the game holding his groin. Hopefully nothing major.

Pleased for Osei to get his goal. Took it really well. Won't find many right backs slower than that though!

why was Bene brought on, the clock said 89', was it so he could get booked ?

what was Smith thinking about

Spoke to a few people involved at other clubs today who have said they wouldn't have been to disappointed to have been knocked out last night. As mentioned there is absolutely no financial gain for playing in that cup and indeed if you are paying win and goal bonuses for it then you probably will be losing money at the end of the night. I'm sure if we get drawn away to any of the Irish or Welsh sides next then you are only given £5k to cover expenses so again whilst it might be a great weekend away for the fans the club will just be losing some much need dosh. Also yes there were a few players which needed game time (Davo, Barr, McHattie and Matthews) but the rest could have probably all been rested. I don't see any benefit of playing Vaughan, Spence, Lennox and Callachan last night and if Lennox is out for any matches then it'll most definitely have been a mistake to play him. 

Regarding the East Fife (aka Dundee) tickets I've been told East Fife asked Dundee to do them on their behalf but were told last week the tickets wouldn't be available until next week so just had to make use of spare Dundee ones. Not ideal but better than not knowing if you have a ticket or not a few days before the match. 

Does anyone know what happened to Andy Ticklefeet? Not seen him for a good few years now and wonder if he had died / been put in jail

He was at the Pars friendly.

My mate seemed to be traumatised when he spotted him for the rest of the game.

I wasn't sure why until he told me about him as I had never heard of him before. What a an absolute crackpot. :lol:

That was before my time going to the Rovers.

Does anyone know what happened to Andy Ticklefeet? Not seen him for a good few years now and wonder if he had died / been put in jail

I believe he post on here under the name 'Paco'.

Used to dread being drawn at the South Stand end as a ball boy. He'd come along and wouldn't leave. Dependent on the time of year he would slip in the old:

"Your feet must be sweating with all the running" or
"Bet you've got 2 pairs of socks on tonight".

A guy I know claimed Mr Ticklefeet handed over cash to him and in return Andy was allowed to tickle his feet. Took the money and gnashed and sat up the back of the stand and was a tenner up he claimed.