The New Raith Rovers Thread

Comfortable. Minor downsides being the booking that Benedictus picked up in the last minute, for a totally innocuous challenge, and that Lennox finished the game holding his groin. Hopefully nothing major.

Pleased for Osei to get his goal. Took it really well. Won't find many right backs slower than that though!

Comfortable. Minor downsides being the booking that Benedictus picked up in the last minute, for a totally innocuous challenge, and that Lennox finished the game holding his groin. Hopefully nothing major.

Pleased for Osei to get his goal. Took it really well. Won't find many right backs slower than that though!

Have to say I didn't find it comfortable. Thought Brora more than deserved a goal and actually had the better chances. Not sure what our tactics were tonight other than to punt long balls forward to Vaughan and Spence. If we were treating it like a glorified friendly I don't know why we didn't give more young players a chance.

Oh...and can someone please explain why Bene came on with 3 minutes left to play centre midfield?

We went 352 at the end. Lennox again made a tremendous save to kick us on and it was comfortable in the end. Brora 'keeper made a couple of good saves aswell. Definitely not the worst team we will see at starks this season. Fair play to the fans that traveled down aswell, it's a fine effort.

Have to say I didn't find it comfortable. Thought Brora more than deserved a goal and actually had the better chances. Not sure what our tactics were tonight other than to punt long balls forward to Vaughan and Spence. If we were treating it like a glorified friendly I don't know why we didn't give more young players a chance.

Agree with this. That was very unconvincing.

Disappointed to see Court given less than 5 minutes to make an impression.

It wasn't pretty tonight, but some of our fans were an utter state. It's pretty much one of the least important competitive fixtures in our season. We take an early 1-0 lead and leave our a good few regular starters. Then midway through the half you have old guys going mental at Callachan for playing a backwards pass saying "You'll never win playing like that". It's completely unsurprising of course.

I felt Berry had a good first half, and had a few decent balls, but in the second he faded out the game. I'm happy for Osei to get a goal in a senior game, especially where he found it difficult to initial get space. Classy finish from Vaughan too. Job done, and hopefully there's no injuries. I'm a bit worried that we had to keep Lennox (who was utterly ridiculous) off the goal kicks at the end. The last thing we need is losing him in a competition which is going to generate hee-haw money.