The New Raith Rovers Thread

A lot of people on here looking at the big mistakes that affected on the field that have happened but on a day to day of running the club with the office team he is by far the strongest person there and was always looking to good deals for the club and help get money in. The current staff that are left are not as strong, don't have many contacts in the game or businesses wise to help get money in. He can't just be gone as someone will need to come in with business knowledge of the finance and costs he had been reducing. The current staff that are left are useless. Nice people yes. But business wise useless.

3 hours ago, sonicsco said:

A lot of people on here looking at the big mistakes that affected on the field that have happened but on a day to day of running the club with the office team he is by far the strongest person there and was always looking to good deals for the club and help get money in. The current staff that are left are not as strong, don't have many contacts in the game or businesses wise to help get money in. He can't just be gone as someone will need to come in with business knowledge of the finance and costs he had been reducing. The current staff that are left are useless. Nice people yes. But business wise useless.

You seem to forget he was the Chief Executive overseeing the current staff. If they are as useless as you say then he's partly responsible for that. 

I don't think you can set aside the catastrophic decision making of last season that contributed to our relegation. Those were business decisions on the day to day running of the club with huge financial implications. He was at the heart of making those wrong calls.

From the outside I think part of the problem is that he was never qualified for the role of a Chief Executive. Someone in that position should be dynamic, a good communicator and set the tone for the how the staff and whole club operates. I get the sense that he ended up in that role by simply being around a long time and knowing how things worked at the SFA. Valuable knowledge for a club sure but more of an administrator than a Chief Exec. 

Edited by roverthemoon

I'm sure Eric worked very hard for his time at the club and had great intentions but I doubt many will shed a tear at his departure. His handling last year was terrible, appointing a known dud in Gary Locke and hailing him the messiah then giving him a two year contract despite him never managing a year at previous clubs. Letting Bates go to Rangers for free so not to stand in his way. Giving Vaughan to a rival that ultimately relegated us. Letting Gary Locke sign his pals as a retirement plan and his criticism of his paying customers which I think shows in his thanking everyone except the supporters.

No grudges and I wish him the best but time for a change. I'm sue he is more than welcome to join the rest of us in supporting and criticising the board and team.

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

You seem to forget he was the Chief Executive overseeing the current staff. If they are as useless as you say then he's partly responsible for that. 

I don't think you can set aside the catastrophic decision making of last season that contributed to our relegation. Those were business decisions on the day to day running of the club with huge financial implications. He was at the heart of making those wrong calls.

From the outside I think part of the problem is that he was never qualified for the role of a Chief Executive. Someone in that position should be dynamic, a good communicator and set the tone for the how the staff and whole club operates. I get the sense that he ended up in that role by simply being around a long time and knowing how things worked at the SFA. Valuable knowledge for a club sure but more of an administrator than a Chief Exec. 

And certainly not have to put up with threats from rabid Sevco supporters.

Interesting move and timing.

if we really had done a complete on and off field review in the summer then why wasn't this done then ?

Or was Eric the only one who knew how to register players etc so we needed him ?

Given the number of chairmen who worked with Eric, and how he kept hold of power/influence for so long, I would suspect that the Sim deal is moving along and this is one of the stumbling blocks now out of the way.

To be honest the man had a shit load of influence for such a small shareholding, and perhaps we are returning to the biggest investors having a bigger say in the direction of the club

13 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Apparently he was taking a wage and probably expenses so that should save something.  Maybe he wasn't but he had to be getting petrol money for all the SFA or SPFL meetings he attended.  A little thought who will be going to the meetings now?

The SPFL would have been paying the petrol money for their meetings. Eric Drysdale lost his place on the board when the club got relegated. (As did Leeann Dempster, when Hibs got promoted).  The SPFL board is made up of three Premiership representatives, two from the Championship and one for League 1/2 (the Stranraer chairman).

20 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

This will be the first of a few to go. Understand that Young will be the next one and Mario is effectively away anyway with his shares being sold to Sim.

As for Drysdale I can't have any sympathy for the guy. He has been involved in some shocking decisions over the years and last year was the final straw for many. Good riddance.

aye and there was no mention of us paying fans in his short statement

he thanked everyone else except us

aye and there was no mention of us paying fans in his short statement
he thanked everyone else except us

What are you wanting thanks for?

Thanks to the fans for giving me abuse and asking for me to be sacked. This 'backing' was what kept me going through last winter and the absolutely abysmal end of season.

I suppose he could thank us for letting him employ Gary F Locke, to allow him to fail for a third time. But really that would be the club again.

Nope, not sure what he'd thank us for, unless it's something like "thanks for being mug punters, with the saddest addiction known to man; the addiction to lower league Scottish Football."

3 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

What is your normal admission fee this season?

Adult £15

Senior Citizen - 60 plus  £12

Child  £5

Parent and Child  £18

Parent and 2 Children £21

Over 80's  Free

Equals  per Official site for normal admission

Well Eric has an account on here so we will surely see a very statesmen like statement on here soon.

He has went in with best intentions. It's unfortunate he wasn't up to the job. I hope he fares better for Perth.

Can't wait for that post.

e6217624fd93a58a36a6bdb7cf130714.jpg

...and now, onto liars.

Well like him or loathe him Eric is now a part of Rovers history.  He did f**k up a few times and cost the club a few thousand pounds in fines but hey ho it's probably happened at other clubs as well.  Don't know if you have any shares Eric but if I were you I'd sell them to John Sim.

For all those who are posting saying Mario has sold his shares to John Sim I am hearing that it has not happened and it isn't going to happen.  Again I could be very wrong but time will tell.

Edited by steakngravy