The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I don't think this is true.

Are you not getting mixed up with him saying that he'd move the YM into Stark's?

The YM have been burnt out twice recently, I don't think that Starks Park is any less combustible.

15 hours ago, donny86 said:

Did anyone see the ridiculously cringey goal celebration the rovers just tweeted then deleted?

3 hours ago, invocr said:

No, although saw them saying a while ago they were preparing a new celebration GIF for twitter so maybe they were testing it? Is it bad...?! :rolleyes:

Is it anything to do with the Gifs of the players when they score?

1:15 + 3:20

45 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Is it anything to do with the Gifs of the players when they score?

1:15 + 3:20

My brother created those for RaithTV this season. That's all I know..didn't see the twitter post..

I briefly saw a Jason Thomson goal flash last night. I'm all for it, it looked more "professional" than a lot of stuff we see from the club, and it seems a little tongue in cheek. Thomson had a mild look of surprise on his face.

I reserve the right to change my mind, though. I'm sure I'll be fed up of them once I've seen Spency's for the thirtieth time...

I briefly saw a Jason Thomson goal flash last night. I'm all for it, it looked more "professional" than a lot of stuff we see from the club, and it seems a little tongue in cheek. Thomson had a mild look of surprise on his face.

I reserve the right to change my mind, though. I'm sure I'll be fed up of them once I've seen Spency's for the thirtieth time...

You will see both Vaughan and Buchanan's more than Spencey's this season.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You will see both Vaughan and Buchanan's more than Spencey's this season.

....and if we see Spencey 30 times we are in for some amount of goals! 

7 hours ago, Beachbum said:

He's been at odds with the board for quite some time trying to get the player budget reduced. The board have resisted every time and because Sim has, as yet, no clout he's had to back down. On one occasion he wanted to play all of the youth team just to get the wages down. Money is his priority, nothing else.

On the second point, you could be correct.

If making money was John Sim's priority he wouldn't be anywhere near Raith Rovers.

Instead, he's put around 600k of his own money into the club in the 12 years he's been involved.

That view would appear to be at odds with John Sim's view of how the club should be run.
“Since the 2005 ‘rescue’ RRFC has lost on average close to £100k per year. We do not have the exact numbers for the past season but in total to date it will be in excess of £1m. “This was not the plan at the time. Our aim then was and remains to put RRFC on a sustainable stable financial footing.”

I must be reading that wrong, you lost a million last season?

Three years ago Mr Sim stated that he expected that the club should be looking to spend at least 3 out of the next 10 seasons in the top tier, yet here we are.

There was no hope in he'll we were ever going to spend 3 of the last 10 years in the top flight. I'm sure the prize money for finishing mid table championship is more than winning league 1. What baffles me is the CLUB won 1/4 million in prize money yet still lost £2k p/w . Who the f**k is tasked to balance the book and set the budget. A 2 year old ???

I'm struggling a bit with this idea of a loss of appx' £1M in the last 10 years, it doesn't feel like that long ago that Turnbull was telling us that after years of small insignificant losses the club were poised to show a small profit.  If you consider that in the years that followed that statement that we had Hearts, Hibs and Sevco in our league then like Foreverarover says you really have to question the boards financial acumen.

Kirkcaldy is a town of 50,000+, Glenrothes isn't an awful lot smaller. Add in the surrounding area and you have about 125,000 of a catchment area of potential support. We seem to have about 1-1.5% of that number as a core support. With that many people within a 10 mile radius we really should be able to maintain a core support of 2000+, after all that's not even 2% of the catchment.

You have to question what we as a club have/are not doing right that in the last 30 years, we have been in the top flight, won 2 national trophies and played in European competition yet we still cannot attract a better home support? Even in the McKinnon season I think we only averaged about 2,300 in the home end and that was with visits from Hibs, sevco and the pars.

Whatever comes next it's unthinkable for me that given the size of catchment area we live in Raith Rovers shouldn't at the very least be a Championship club. The board should set a modest target (perhaps John Simms new blood on the board will) to increase the home support by 10% per every season. Even a 5% increase on our current core support (1600) would see the core up to 2000 in around 5 years, not ideal but a step in the right direction and one that hasn't been made this millennium. With better performances will come bigger gates but that average has to be over 2000 to sustain FT football.

I'm struggling a bit with this idea of a loss of appx' £1M in the last 10 years, it doesn't feel like that long ago that Turnbull was telling us that after years of small insignificant losses the club were poised to show a small profit.  If you consider that in the years that followed that statement that we had Hearts, Hibs and Sevco in our league then like Foreverarover says you really have to question the boards financial acumen.
Kirkcaldy is a town of 50,000+, Glenrothes isn't an awful lot smaller. Add in the surrounding area and you have about 125,000 of a catchment area of potential support. We seem to have about 1-1.5% of that number as a core support. With that many people within a 10 mile radius we really should be able to maintain a core support of 2000+, after all that's not even 2% of the catchment.
You have to question what we as a club have/are not doing right that in the last 30 years, we have been in the top flight, won 2 national trophies and played in European competition yet we still cannot attract a better home support? Even in the McKinnon season I think we only averaged about 2,300 in the home end and that was with visits from Hibs, sevco and the pars.
Whatever comes next it's unthinkable for me that given the size of catchment area we live in Raith Rovers shouldn't at the very least be a Championship club. The board should set a modest target (perhaps John Simms new blood on the board will) to increase the home support by 10% per every season. Even a 5% increase on our current core support (1600) would see the core up to 2000 in around 5 years, not ideal but a step in the right direction and one that hasn't been made this millennium. With better performances will come bigger gates but that average has to be over 2000 to sustain FT football.

Kirkcaldy myopia. Glenrothes..you assume is linoland?sevco without any justification.
Your black and gold nightmare starts today.
Arrogance in linoland