The New Raith Rovers Thread

The guy said when he went to the club shop there was no stock that's pretty poor surely. If that's changed fair enough but where else would you have to get someone from an office to go and find one to buy.

9 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just been told that there will be a minute's silence in the 10th (Lewis Vaughan's squad number) in memory of Superhans aka ITK aka Insider and Wee Martin,:(

The irony of this is Vaughan's goal celebrations marred the true message of the applause.

They were discussing Ian Cathro on Off the Ball and Jane Lewis suggested Gary Locke as a possible replacement.
man-laughing-o.gif

Didn't listen to the entire thing but was it not an email announcement? She then went on to say she didn't think he was experienced enough (a nice way of saying a ducking buffoon)

I have to say i'm a big, big fan of Callachan, Matthews and Vaughan all being fucking excellent each week. We've had many a discussion on here about whether or not the youth academy is worth it, but it's obviously put to bed now. Seeing your own youngsters come through and be instrumental in winning games gives me a great deal of pride. Also great to see them all enjoying playing football again, as demonstrated by Bobby Barr and Ross Callachan towards the end of the video - a stark contrast from the total doom and gloom of last season. Can't wait for the season proper to start now, brimming with optimism.

I have to say i'm a big, big fan of Callachan, Matthews and Vaughan all being fucking excellent each week. We've had many a discussion on here about whether or not the youth academy is worth it, but it's obviously put to bed now. Seeing your own youngsters come through and be instrumental in winning games gives me a great deal of pride. Also great to see them all enjoying playing football again, as demonstrated by Bobby Barr and Ross Callachan towards the end of the video - a stark contrast from the total doom and gloom of last season. Can't wait for the season proper to start now, brimming with optimism.

I mentioned that today as well. Quite a lot of high fives, encouragement and smiles between the players, which is in pretty sharp contrast to last season.

I appreciate there isn't going to be too much of that kind of thing when you're being bodied 4-0 by Dumbarton and suchlike, but they do give the impression they're a pretty happy bunch at the moment. Fingers crossed it lasts.

It probably does help being managed by someone who doesn't think you're shite and has seemingly unlimited contempt for his players. 

Sounds positive. To echo the above posts, long may that continue. 

I spoke to a young Rovers player on Tuesday morning. When asked how it was going at the club he said that compared to last season it was night and day. A much happier place with a great atmosphere. 

Nobody wants to go to work when the place has a bad vibe about it and players will be no different. 

The longer we can keep winning, the stronger and more confident we will be.

Confidence brings results which in turn brings success, hopefully we will see all 3 over the coming months and this can turn out to be a great season.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but at full time there was a large group of young neds walking down Pratt St towards the growing with bottles of buckfast etc. Looked as though they were after a scrap. I'm not sure if there was any bother?

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but at full time there was a large group of young neds walking down Pratt St towards the growing with bottles of buckfast etc. Looked as though they were after a scrap. I'm not sure if there was any bother?

I think there was a bit bother. Heard a woman saying to a policeman about it.