The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Fide said:

Well quite.

Yeah, that's what I'll do.  Given the choice of trawling a 2283 page long thread or asking the decent folk of Kirkcaldy for a quick opinion, the former seems like a sensible choice.  Shush.

Honestly man, last three pages. Wee bit of leg work.

Just now, Grant228 said:

It can all change after an injury like that, he's now far more likely to suffer a re-rupture, as well as that to repair his ACL they have either removed a part of his hamstring or patellar, either can lead to problems with the other. Since I've ruptured my Acl I've been allot more fragile. It's a testament to him that he came back so strongly, it's a vile injury.

El Bakteria? Have a word with yourself. He's also not the only striker they have fit, Hth.

Also Declan McManus isn't completely shite, great times.

Was fine in the last 5 or 6 games of last season there. Seems to come and go, but f**k me, when it goes it really goes.

Just now, Fide said:

Well quite.

Yeah, that's what I'll do.  Given the choice of trawling a 2283 page long thread or asking the decent folk of Kirkcaldy for a quick opinion, the former seems like a sensible choice.  Shush.

You would have only had to 'trawl' the last two pages or so to get the information you desired. As you were. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

You would have only had to 'trawl' the last two pages or so to get the information you desired. As you were. 

You're failing to factor in that I'm a lazy c**t.

:)

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It can all change after an injury like that, he's now far more likely to suffer a re-rupture, as well as that to repair his ACL they have either removed a part of his hamstring or patellar, either can lead to problems with the other. Since I've ruptured my Acl I've been allot more fragile. It's a testament to him that he came back so strongly, it's a vile injury.

El Bakteria? Have a word with yourself. He's also not the only striker they have fit, Hth.

Also Declan McManus isn't completely shite, great times.

There is ample time yet.  He scored a hat-trick in August against St Mirren for us. 

As was said, when he's shite...he's really awfully shite. 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

So you're either curiously myopic when it comes to Vaughan, or you're just looking for a reaction.

1 hour ago, renton said:

He's not the 'only hope' but it's myopic to not realize how integral he is in allowing others to play their game.

You wait 2282 pages for somebody to say "myopic" and it's used twice within an hour....

Far too many points to address them all.

For the people calling me short sighted; I'm looking at the bigger picture for the club. Having a transfer fee with the addition of sell on clause and other contract add one is looking into the future of the club. Sustaining adequate financial stability to ensure we don't end up as a club in constant financial turmoil.

There's no agenda and no reason for me to have this opinion regarding Vaughan other than the fact that I see him as a bigger potential as a player we can sell and make money on. We're not a big enough club to be able to throw away transfer bids for players.

He's a player that has hit the age of 21 and playing in League One. He has the potential to move to a premiership club. If anything that will benefit his career. Staying with us over a club like Dundee or Killie would be madness from his point of view. He's got another 10-14 years left of his career. Get as high as he can as quick as he can.

His ACL injury isn't just a small strain or something easy to come back from. Every time he goes down everyone shits their pants. I don't want another season of that when we can get something from him. Offering him the same deal next season gets us a development fee but we have the chance to get development fee as well as transfer fee for him but realistically we're looking at £40-£45k is we're lucky. However is there a better chance to get something like that for him ever again? Smith has recruited well so far and I'd trust him to make the correct decision for his replacement whether that's if we go down the loans route or bringing another signing.

We are currently very top heavy in terms of players. We started our game at home to Dundee with 4 attackers and no left back, there's plenty of cover up front.

And there's no guarantee that with Vaughan or without him in the team, we will win the league. What happens if we don't sell him, he doesn't shine as bright as we want him to, we don't win promotion and we lose him next season?

I hope the board have learned by past mistakes. The attack looks sound, midfield looks good, two good keepers but the defence looks a bit dodgy. I think that is most folks view. Now if we had kept hold of Bates how much better would that look. We need Vaughan  this season.

We still have no loanees at the moment. Once clubs realise their squads and have players they want to farm out. We will get a good pick of the crop. We have good facilities for training and play full time.

Having seen his form, I'll agree that he's a promising player for us. However I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over the fact that he will leave. One way or another he's going to be playing for someone else next year. If we can get something for him or the more we can get for him, the better for the club.

If Vaughan goes then it must be for a decent transfer fee plus future add on's. With the transfer fee I would like to see the board support the team and sign someone like Danny Handling on a permanent deal or Andy Ryan from Airdrie. Having said that I would prefer that Vaughan stays with us to help us get out of the crap league.

Far too many points to address them all.

For the people calling me short sighted; I'm looking at the bigger picture for the club. Having a transfer fee with the addition of sell on clause and other contract add one is looking into the future of the club. Sustaining adequate financial stability to ensure we don't end up as a club in constant financial turmoil.

There's no agenda and no reason for me to have this opinion regarding Vaughan other than the fact that I see him as a bigger potential as a player we can sell and make money on. We're not a big enough club to be able to throw away transfer bids for players.

He's a player that has hit the age of 21 and playing in League One. He has the potential to move to a premiership club. If anything that will benefit his career. Staying with us over a club like Dundee or Killie would be madness from his point of view. He's got another 10-14 years left of his career. Get as high as he can as quick as he can.

His ACL injury isn't just a small strain or something easy to come back from. Every time he goes down everyone shits their pants. I don't want another season of that when we can get something from him. Offering him the same deal next season gets us a development fee but we have the chance to get development fee as well as transfer fee for him but realistically we're looking at £40-£45k is we're lucky. However is there a better chance to get something like that for him ever again? Smith has recruited well so far and I'd trust him to make the correct decision for his replacement whether that's if we go down the loans route or bringing another signing.

We are currently very top heavy in terms of players. We started our game at home to Dundee with 4 attackers and no left back, there's plenty of cover up front.

And there's no guarantee that with Vaughan or without him in the team, we will win the league. What happens if we don't sell him, he doesn't shine as bright as we want him to, we don't win promotion and we lose him next season?

1) the bigger picture for the club is promotion. Plain and simple. Transferring Lewis for, probably, at most £30k doesn't quite scream out sustain adequate financial stability.

2) we will get a development fee if he were to 'leave for nothing'. Obviously not as much as a transfer fee, but couple that with a potential promotion and it wouldn't be far off.

3) I agree that he should want to get as high as he can in his career. And I sincerely hope he achieves all the success in the world! He deserves it. And his loyalty is something that is so rare in football currently. And he shows every single time he plays that he enjoys playing football, and wants to succeed. Hopefully he can do so with us this year.

4) yeah everyone may shit themselves when he goes down injured, however how good does it feel when you see him getting back up and running the show?? (Like what happened last night in Buckie) he took an early knock, looked like yaw was coming on for him. Not long after that he scored a pen and a rasper of a free kick!

5) we are top heavy with attackers to defenders. However taking away one of the best assisters of the ball that I have seen playing for us for many years would certainly do more harm than good.

6) you're right there is no guarantee of going up with Vaughan in our team. However I can guarantee one thing, that we stand more of a chance with Lewis in our team!

I think you need to let this whole hate-campaign against Vaughan go. I am yet to see anyone actually agree with you that letting him go is the best solution for us. And god help us if you have any sort of pull in our club....

I really am no expert in how the club should be run at all.  But when you really need to achieve promotion, and have a threadbare squad…selling one of your best players for not a lot of money really isn’t the route you should go down. 

Vaughan is the type of player that could potentially be the difference between staying in this league or not.  (Not necessarily winning the league, but one of the players who can provide a bit of quality in games such as playoffs etc)

I don't fancy League 2 much. Best keep him.