The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Not much else to add.

The artificial pitch has been thoroughly investigated, advice from clubs who have had/still have one sought.

I also learned that there are around 40 lifetime season tickets still kicking about.

*worms everywhere*

It was more the structure of any take over/ restructure  eg whos shares are being purchased by JS etc etc

51 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Whit!? He was our best player last night. Broke play up with several, and I really mean several interceptions and tackles. In a game where the other team have most the ball, that's his primary role and he did it very well.

Just saw it differently. Every time he basically got the ball he gave it away. That won't be very good when it's us that have the majority of the ball this season (hopefully)

I hope he has a good season though, but just didn't see it last night. 

Can anyone tell me who gave away the free kick that lead to their first goal? Haven't seen highlights yet. Davo got booked but think it was for chat back to the referee.

It was Davidson. He went in way too aggressively, then got booked for the lip he gave to ref afterwards. So that's a short back pass in the game against Edinburgh City which lead to a goal, penalties given away against Clyde and Dundee Utd and the stupid free kick which lead to the Dundee winner last night. I'm not a Davo basher, but that's a worrying trend in anyone's book.

It was Davidson. He went in way too aggressively, then got booked for the lip he gave to ref afterwards. So that's a short back pass in the game against Edinburgh City which lead to a goal, penalties given away against Clyde and Dundee Utd and the stupid free kick which lead to the Dundee winner last night. I'm not a Davo basher, but that's a worrying trend in anyone's book.

Don't forget his miss kick clearance that lead to the corner that Dundee scored from. Was easy to put it into Pratt Street but he let it go through his legs.

If I'm a coach for any of our opponents, I'm telling all my players to run at him, wind him up and pressure him when he's on the ball.

6 hours ago, Wardy said:

Robertson was pretty poor I thought. Opinions. 

with all due respect, were you at the game ?

best player this season, was immense against the Pars, Utd and last night

if he keeps on performing the way he has been doing 

we will be lucky if he is still here when the transfer window closes

Edited by Ancient Mariner

25 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

with all due respect, were you at the game ?

best player this season, was immense against the Pars, Utd and last night

if he keeps on performing the way he has been doing 

we will be lucky if he is still here when the transfer window closes

I would doubt that. He's been out for a year and other clubs will be well aware of that.

22 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I would doubt that. He's been out for a year and other clubs will be well aware of that.

He also has a coaching role with us as well, which he would be unlikely to get elsewhere.

For what it's worth I thought he was alright last night but not close to the level of performance he put in against Dundee United.

Robertson, and the rest of the team, won't come up against better teams than Dundee/Dundee United in the league. We've put in decent performance in those games and looked a lot better than last season. Whilst we've lost the games there's still a lot of positives to take into games against League 1 opposition imo.

Missed last night's game as I'm on holiday but the report my son gave me was "we've maybe lost both games but look like a totally different side from last season," if we continue to gel and improve it could be a great season.

Can't believe anyone thinks Robertson has been poor, think he's been superb in the last 3 games against tough opponents.

Also might be wrong with this but think yaw could prove to be important to us this year. I reckon against poorer players he's going to cause them problems, especially if brought on at the end of games when there getting tired. He's so quick and looks like he likes to run at defenders.

Can't believe anyone thinks Robertson has been poor, think he's been superb in the last 3 games against tough opponents.
Also might be wrong with this but think yaw could prove to be important to us this year. I reckon against poorer players he's going to cause them problems, especially if brought on at the end of games when there getting tired. He's so quick and looks like he likes to run at defenders.

I hope you're right. There must be something there for him to have had another contract offered this season. I saw him a few times last season and thought he looked lost and out his depth and I've seen him twice this season and thought the same. Hopefully he can get some more game time and maybe comes into the game more but he was a passenger last night. He looked lost at times, saw Buchanan and Easton shout at him to tell him where he needed to be. He's young and keen so hopefully he matures and develops as the season goes on.

As for Robertson, I thought he was solid last night. Everyone had wayward passes and poor first touches last night but this is still "pre-season" and players are dusting the cobwebs off. I'd say Davo was the only one last night not to get pass marks. Murray looked good, he had couple of good long throws on him but also a couple of shit ones. I like having a long throw as an attacking advantage.

And his defending at the first goal geez !