The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointing to lose that immediately after Vaughan equalised with a cracking finish, but overall it was a good performance. If we take that into the league we will be absolutely fine. 

Edited by Leggy Blonde

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

If you pay for something, are you not going to get the use of it? I don't understand where someone has paid their money for the deal at the time only then not use it as it was intended to be used for? If your phone tariff deal expires and everyone else has to pay extra to be on the same deal as you, would you expect your contract to change and have to pay more because they are?

Get a grip

Untwist your knickers, SuperHans.

It was a tongue in cheek remark with regards to the mess that folk get in about the lifetime season tickets on here. 

I happen to completely agree with what you were trying to say with your long-winded phone tariff based analogy.

Give us the short version next time though, eh!

I think Ross Matthews first start for the club was a midweek cup game against Celtic under McKinnon. Within 5 minutes he'd dumped Scott Brown on his arse. I'm not worried about us getting bullied. I do think the small squad is an issue - though it's no worse off in terms of numbers than Ayr, it's about how much filler there is in the squad, will guys like Osei and Thorsen really make the grade? We won't really know until the league is under way, but I suspect we don't have enough in the tank to win the league, although at the moment I'm confident we'd be in with a good shout at the promotion play offs.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. The only way we will win the league is if we are really lucky with injuries and suspensions or if we find some more stars from the youth team.

Our first XI looks fairly strong but outside that it's youngsters. Could go either way. The other teams will probably be in the same boat.

It was utterly brilliant to see Vaughan scoring again at Stark's Park and properly celebrating the goal. Some finish. 

First time I've seen us this season, but based off that then I'm confident we'll do well. Robertson looks like a completely different player and is probably the most experienced player in the league. If he can keep that up, he'll be like a new signing. Even under McKinnon he didn't get a preseason but he's looking like he's got a point to prove after the playoffs last season.

If we can avoid injuries and suspensions, Spence, Buchanan, Vaughan and Barr could potentially cause real issues for opposing teams. Even in the playoffs, the first thing Brechin did to Bobby Barr was to hammer him to try to keep him quite. Ideally we can put pressure on opponents that way. 

We're pretty much out the cup now, but I'm looking forward to the season starting.  

7 hours ago, rw89 said:

It was utterly brilliant to see Vaughan scoring again at Stark's Park and properly celebrating the goal. Some finish. 

First time I've seen us this season, but based off that then I'm confident we'll do well. Robertson looks like a completely different player and is probably the most experienced player in the league. If he can keep that up, he'll be like a new signing. Even under McKinnon he didn't get a preseason but he's looking like he's got a point to prove after the playoffs last season.

If we can avoid injuries and suspensions, Spence, Buchanan, Vaughan and Barr could potentially cause real issues for opposing teams. Even in the playoffs, the first thing Brechin did to Bobby Barr was to hammer him to try to keep him quite. Ideally we can put pressure on opponents that way. 

We're pretty much out the cup now, but I'm looking forward to the season starting.  

Robertson was pretty poor I thought. Opinions. 

Robertson was pretty poor I thought. Opinions. 

Whit!? He was our best player last night. Broke play up with several, and I really mean several interceptions and tackles. In a game where the other team have most the ball, that's his primary role and he did it very well.