The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, donny86 said:

Did he give an indication of when it's likely to go through?

Still a wee bit to do in the process, no solid timescale advised though it's hoped it'll be soon.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I seem to have missed this. Where was John Sim speaking?

It was a meeting at Starks with forum representatives.

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I'm lost with the McHattie situation.

didnt he refuse terms at the end of the season, and now we are holding out for him to get fit ?

I think he was one of the first players from last season that said he was leaving. Not sure if it was down to turning down a new deal or the club just not renewing his contract but it eventually came to light he was still training with us followed by Smith saying he was keen to sign him again. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Still a wee bit to do in the process, no solid timescale advised though it's hoped it'll be soon.

It was a meeting at Starks with forum representatives.

Can you elaborate on the discussions or is it a secret?

I heard over the weekend that MC was no longer or will no longer be in charge of the catering.Suppose proof of the pudding will be tonight if he isn,t

Of course IF JS is buying MC shares that may well be behind the rumour

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Can you elaborate on the discussions or is it a secret?

I heard over the weekend that MC was no longer or will no longer be in charge of the catering.Suppose proof of the pudding will be tonight if he isn,t

Of course IF JS is buying MC shares that may well be behind the rumour

Not much else to add.

The artificial pitch has been thoroughly investigated, advice from clubs who have had/still have one sought.

I also learned that there are around 40 lifetime season tickets still kicking about.

*worms everywhere*

Back to the discussion on the LB/CB situation, if the LB is to be McHattie once he gets back to fitness. I know he had his critics last year and rightly so, however I still believe dropping down a division he may actually do quite well.

With McHattie being a recognised LB this would allow Murray to partner Bene in the CB position. Going by Murray's performance against United on sat I think he handled himself really well and believe he would be more effective at CB (which would also get Davo out of there ++++)

I also learned that there are around 40 lifetime season tickets still kicking about.
*worms everywhere*

Ach, that's really not that many, £10,000 worth. And who's to say that all of those 40 would buy a season ticket if they had their life one taken off them? It's been done to death, it's old ground. Everyone can see both sides. Moot point.

Aye it's early season, that's for sure. Both teams struggling to keep the ball. Wasn't at the game on Saturday so don't know what the intensity was like but the first half tonight seemed high. Miss a spark or a killer pass, Barr would have been a good addition tonight. Osei hasn't really been up to too much.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ach, that's really not that many, £10,000 worth. And who's to say that all of those 40 would buy a season ticket if they had their life one taken off them? It's been done to death, it's old ground. Everyone can see both sides. Moot point.

Tongue in cheek remark.

Doesn't translate well online admittedly.

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Aye it's early season, that's for sure. Both teams struggling to keep the ball. Wasn't at the game on Saturday so don't know what the intensity was like but the first half tonight seemed high. Miss a spark or a killer pass, Barr would have been a good addition tonight. Osei hasn't really been up to too much.

I don't know, he's got stuck in well enough, doing a good job on the more physical, defensive side of things, we've had some good passages of play (Robertson is like a new signing) but it's been reasonably narrow, unsurprisingly.

*worms everywhere*

If you pay for something, are you not going to get the use of it? I don't understand where someone has paid their money for the deal at the time only then not use it as it was intended to be used for? If your phone tariff deal expires and everyone else has to pay extra to be on the same deal as you, would you expect your contract to change and have to pay more because they are?

Get a grip