The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I dont know who is in Fifes Finest and who isn't, but in the past few years we've had racist shouts, sexist shouts, shouts about Norrie and now apparently shouts against disabled folk from somewhere within the support.

There are some of our fans who are actually not nice people at all. I don't think blaming groups is fair as i don't know who is or isn't part of any group, but there is a problem somewhere. Also not correct to say "that's football"  It's an emotive game and we've all got carried away at refs/opposition fans/Davidson, but that doesn't excuse down right nasty and malicious behaviour.

Yeah completely agree. it is one thing giving a player or a referee a hard time if they are having a bad game etc but there is absolutely no excuse to target someone because of a disability or race. No place in the game for these types of fans IMO.

Edited by PJ_2014
Spelling mistake

I dont know who is in Fifes Finest and who isn't, but in the past few years we've had racist shouts, sexist shouts, shouts about Norrie and now apparently shouts against disabled folk from somewhere within the support

Lets not forget indecent exposure with yon boy that got his walloper out at Bayview last time we were in this division.

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Lets not forget indecent exposure with yon boy that got his walloper out at Bayview last time we were in this division.

I'd managed to forget about that until now.... thanks Raithie :thumbsdown

One of the most iconic moments in my time following the Rovers that!

Andy Mill to the guy he accused of being in his seat "show me your ticket!"

The wee ned then says "I'll show you my ticket...." and the rest as they say is history!

To be fair to the ned at new Bayview, he was just being a wee knob. As for the Mr Mill incident I missed the actions day but have seen those veins popping and it's a scary sight.

On 15/07/2017 at 18:38, sonicsco said:

Some of our support was embarrassing today. Guy siting with fifes finest thinking he a comedian all game saying the same non funny crap all game then has a go at a disabled fan In a wheel chair. By telling him to sit down, then it it was sit down or we will clam your chair. Utter embarrassing.

On 15/07/2017 at 21:07, Pride of Fife said:

I travelled with Fifes Finest for a couple of seasons around 8-10 years ago and it's harsh to tarnish everyone with the same brush, some very nice and sound people. Unfortunate that several are fannies that let the rest and mostly the club down. Very cliquey (if that's a word) and turning a blind eye to the nonsense is the biggest problem, mind that each empty seat on bus means rest each pay more!

Same time, some of the goody goody stuff I read on places like here, Fantalk etc make out the rest of our fans to be saints. Not true by a long shot. Come on though, we are watching football each week, not snooker. Whether right or wrong, football around the globe is attended by passionate people who sometimes shout, sometimes swear, many drink too much alcohol, sometimes abuse or insult opposing fans/players...even their own players. It has been that way at Starks since I starting going in the early 80's and will be the same once we are all gone. I would say in general our fan base is pretty knowledgeable about the game and behave okay, feel sorry for some of you poor saps, you should be grateful with what you have and that you don't support a side with hundreds/thousands of 'arseholes' spouting pish and causing trouble week in week out!

On 15/07/2017 at 21:28, steely59 said:

Can I say that Fifes Finest do a lot of good work for charity, provide the club with donations and are the ones who provide the atmosphere at away games. Yes there are occasions where they get out of order but overall are sound guys COYR

Disgraceful from the wee team.