The New Raith Rovers Thread

Personally I am sick of these old fools who call themselves fifes finest. They are a complete embarrassment to our club at every away game. I would rather have no atmosphere than have these cretins trying to create one.

Seems a bit harsh to be dragging Fife's Finest into it. Surely it's more the individual that's to blame? If the boy had been in the Jim McMillan club would they have been brought into it too?

Fife's Finest have probably contributed to the club more than most of the people laying into them on here.

Seems a bit harsh to be dragging Fife's Finest into it. Surely it's more the individual that's to blame? If the boy had been in the Jim McMillan club would they have been brought into it too?
Fife's Finest have probably contributed to the club more than most of the people laying into them on here.

Yeah I agree that it probably isn't everyone who is associated with fifes finest who are involved. However what they have contributed to the club is irrelevant here. As that doesn't give them right to spout the nonsense they seem to spout all the time.

I know that if I was part of fifes finest I wouldn't want the supporters club to be associated with what some individuals are shouting, so why do they allow it? Why don't they kick them out of the supporters club? That way they won't be getting their names dragged through the mud as well?

At the end of the day, it's not like it's a bunch of kids we are talking about. It's grown men. And it's just embarrassing

I'm new to this but I would also like to say me and a few mates were thinking about joining fifes finest a few years ago when they created good atmosphere in the south stand and never made a fool of themselves every Saturday, nowadays all they seem to do is abuse the team and get on there back as soon as the game kicks off, abuse disabled fans and shout ridiculous chants/songs which isn't amusing atall, would 1000% not miss them at any Raith Rovers game the rest of this season, would rather no atmosphere than what I witnessed at Dundee on Saturday.

Was it the whole of Fife's Finest who were abusing a disabled fan or an individual? 

I remember, 20 odd years ago, joining in choruses of 'I'd rather be a paki than a par' and thinking it was hilarious. Looking back now, it makes me cringe. I can only hope whoever was involved yesterday grows up and looks back on it in disgust.

Was it the whole of Fife's Finest who were abusing a disabled fan or an individual? 
I remember, 20 odd years ago, joining in choruses of 'I'd rather be a paki than a par' and thinking it was hilarious. Looking back now, it makes me cringe. I can only hope whoever was involved yesterday grows up and looks back on it in disgust.

Grow up and look back on it in disgust? They were middle-aged men.

Regardless of how many of them took part in the shouts, not one of them stopped it from continuing. Quinny is occasionally on here talking about how good Fifes Finest are for the club etc. Well maybe he can try and get rid of people from that group who are going to drag the club down. That's certainly what was happening yesterday.

There were a few shouts from elsewhere( not the Fifes Finest group) that were telling them to "give it a rest" and to " shut the f**k up".

It wasn't working though as it was effectively 1 or 2's opinion against the 30 or so in that group. It needs to come from within Fifes Finest to sort that out or the club itself to ban these individuals.

The abuse of the wheelchair user was from one voice - I could not identify the individual from my seat at the very back of the stand and would have looked stupid ( and probably ended up being the one chucked out) had I climbed a barrier to wade in amongst the group of guys. I am all for banter at a game ( the early reference to more seagulls than home fans was banter and mildly amusing) but targeting folks who appear "different " is sadly cheap, nasty and immature.

I've lost count the amount of times any bother has been down to FF. They do seem a very cliquey bunch with the 'look at us, we're the ultimate Rovers supporters, we sing and create an atmosphere, without us games would be like a morgue'. Doing things for charity and/or wanting to create an atmosphere is all well and good but means heehaw if on the flip side their understanding of atmosphere is to give out torrents of abuse through chants some of which falls into being liable to being lifted for.

I've lost count the amount of times any bother has been down to FF. They do seem a very cliquey bunch with the 'look at us, we're the ultimate Rovers supporters, we sing and create an atmosphere, without us games would be like a morgue'. Doing things for charity and/or wanting to create an atmosphere is all well and good but means heehaw if on the flip side their understanding of atmosphere is to give out torrents of abuse through chants some of which falls into being liable to being lifted for.

Totally agree I'm sure he majority of people on here would agree that the atmosphere in the south stand used to be brilliant a few years back when a lot of the fifes finest sat up the top area of the stadium. Most people would want to be part of it especially the young ones singing Rovers songs and getting behind the team when most needed. Nowadays I don't know if it's because there too drunk to make it up the stairs they sit down the bottom and the atmosphere is way below what it used to be, not sure why this is entirely but the amount of other teams fans that used to say the Raith support sucked the ball into the net the second half of games with the atmosphere they created is countless.

I dont know who is in Fifes Finest and who isn't, but in the past few years we've had racist shouts, sexist shouts, shouts about Norrie and now apparently shouts against disabled folk from somewhere within the support.

There are some of our fans who are actually not nice people at all. I don't think blaming groups is fair as i don't know who is or isn't part of any group, but there is a problem somewhere. Also not correct to say "that's football"  It's an emotive game and we've all got carried away at refs/opposition fans/Davidson, but that doesn't excuse down right nasty and malicious behaviour.

Edited by CALDERON