The New Raith Rovers Thread

Of course it's relevant... he will want to prove doubters like yourself wrong. The lad does have it in him... scored some quality goals last season, one v dundee united in particular.

He's a fucking left-back :lol:

Who gives a f**k if he can score a goal or 2. If he can't defend, he should be nowhere near the team :lol:

2 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Of course it's relevant... he will want to prove doubters like yourself wrong. The lad does have it in him... scored some quality goals last season, one v dundee united in particular.

I would truly love it if the lad proved me wrong. Though my point is the professionalism that a footballer posses should give them the mindset and determination to prove doubters wrong regardless of whether they play for the team they support or not, so the fact he is a Rovers fan should be irrelevant. Also surely any player should 'support' the team they are contracted to. Seeing the likes of Barr openly supporting another team on social media really boils my piss.

30 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

McHattie had our player of the year next to him last season? :lol:

I'd have been willing to wager that if he'd had our PotY from the previous season along side him in defence he'd have had a much better season and perhaps we wouldn't have gotten relegated.

Edited by Scottydog

Goals, plural?

I was at the United away game and that was a peach. Who else did he score against?

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

DDbYYGEXUAA49Gw.jpg:large

Prepare for no investment. Prepare to be the next Clyde, Airdrie, Clydebank, Third Lanark.

I really don't get his involvement in Rovers. He has no interest in Rovers, he's not even a football fan.

Add to that the fact that he's extremely difficult to deal with and I can see only dark, dark days ahead.

30 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Add to that the fact that he's extremely difficult to deal with and I can see only dark, dark days ahead.

Difficult to deal with? Is that coming from the idiotic buffoons on our current board? I'm not surprised he's been a dick to them to be honest. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to deal with Eric Drysdale too.

5 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I don't think people are being realistic here, we're Raith Rovers not Real Madrid. This is the price we (well the board tbh) are paying for last years failure.

Just out of interest who do people think we should be signing?

McHattie isn't Kieran Tierney but hey its the 3rd tier in Scottish football we're in FFS.  I'd rather have Booth or McKeown in fact Id rather have Sean Mackie back on loan from Hibs but if it's McHattie then though not everyone pick it's not the worst thing that could happen. After all we could end up with another Ibrox starlet like McKay or Scott Roberts.

Most of the squad were putrid last season but that was a downhill progression from August that saw the life drained out of the side (Locked in syndrome followed by Hughes disease), if Barry Smith can get a positive reaction from this side anything like McKinnon got from 75% of the same players then we should be home and hosed.

Yo make way too much sense 

52 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Prepare for no investment. Prepare to be the next Clyde, Airdrie, Clydebank, Third Lanark.

I really don't get his involvement in Rovers. He has no interest in Rovers, he's not even a football fan.

Hi Eric