The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would rather Rory McK came back up the road, but McHattie will be short of offers and therefore presumably cheaper.  Pretty sure his parents live approx. 1 minute from where the Rovers train.

In more important news, anyone got one of these two tops, end left and end right?  Would love to find either one:

595370cc0b2ca_Strips7.thumb.JPG.f573ec67783ec6a9613403cb09fdc7cf.JPG

36 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Would rather Rory McK came back up the road, but McHattie will be short of offers and therefore presumably cheaper.  Pretty sure his parents live approx. 1 minute from where the Rovers train.

In more important news, anyone got one of these two tops, end left and end right?  Would love to find either one:

Looking at that photo makes me wish I had kept all my tops from days gone by :(

Let's hope that McHattie has the same Rory effect, pish first season and excellent the 2nd season - doubt it though, that 1st with Rory he had 'he who shall not be named' playing alongside him also.

There's a website 'shirts of excellence' or something it's called, and got a load of old football strips, I was gonna buy the 1988 season one, but missed the bought when I went back in to buy it

McHattie seems the obvious candidate to get caught out when teams invariably sit in against us then hit on the break. 

He isn't a bad player at all in terms of technical ability, but he is far too prone to not being where he should be. 

I don't think re-signing Kevin McHattie is that bad a signing. Should be very capable of doing a job at this level. Elements of his defending could improve as could with all, but I thought he was decent most of the season. There were certainly worse players there!

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to have Callachan or Matthews playing wide right this season :unsure2:

That is horrible. If we're going with that kind of approach, we'll need attacking fullbacks in the McHattie mould. Defensively, that comes with its own issues, but I can't watch another season of absolutely no service to the strikers because we're playing defensive fullbacks behind defensive wide midfielders.

I wasn't massively impressed with K McH last season either but I can see some up sides to bringing him in.

Allegedly he's not overwhelmed with offers so financially he might be easy to deal with.

It would mean only 1 change in the back 4 which is better than trying to bed in a whole or half a new defence.

He was injured for a good bit of the season and couldn't train fully, he's had an op' so maybe he'll improve. Add the fact he's another year older and maybe more experience will make him a better defender.

He has a goal or two in him.

Give him another year to prove himself and if he doesn't set the heather on fire then next year it could be one of the development side's gig.

Surely there's better than him available. Caught out of position time and time again last season. Callachan or Matthews wide right is not a good thing. I have a feeling we'll have the boy McIntosh in there though.

45 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

I don't think re-signing Kevin McHattie is that bad a signing. Should be very capable of doing a job at this level. Elements of his defending could improve as could with all, but I thought he was decent most of the season. There were certainly worse players there!

It's his positioning, it's fucking awful. It's also the kind of thing that will get him caught out whatever level he's playing at (within reason). Too slow or too physically slight? Aye, drop a level and those shortcomings don't seem so bad, but if you don't know where and when to position yourself then your fucked from the start.

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I wasn't massively impressed with K McH last season either but I can see some up sides to bringing him in.

Allegedly he's not overwhelmed with offers so financially he might be easy to deal with.

It would mean only 1 change in the back 4 which is better than trying to bed in a whole or half a new defence.

He was injured for a good bit of the season and couldn't train fully, he's had an op' so maybe he'll improve. Add the fact he's another year older and maybe more experience will make him a better defender.

He has a goal or two in him.

Give him another year to prove himself and if he doesn't set the heather on fire then next year it could be one of the development side's gig.

Aye, but that defence wasn't exactly water tight.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

It's his positioning, it's fucking awful. It's also the kind of thing that will get him caught out whatever level he's playing at (within reason). Too slow or too physically slight? Aye, drop a level and those shortcomings don't seem so bad, but if you don't know where and when to position yourself then your fucked from the start.

Remember the difference in Joe Dingwall when he had Marv next to him as opposed to Davo. Like 2 different full back

Just now, donny86 said:

Remember the difference in Joe Dingwall when he had Marv next to him as opposed to Davo. Like 2 different full back

Maybe, I can't honestly remember enough about Dingwall to be clear where he was shite. See when folk start saying 'he'd do a job in league 1' it's sort of covering any and all sins committed in the league above last year: Chris Johnston 'could do a job in league 1', Jordan Thomson 'could do a job in league 1', Scott Roberts 'could do a job in league 1'.... he was pretty woeful for us last season, I don't think he was all that good even when the side was doing ok. It feels like a retrograde step, start the summer signing two strikers who should make a good impact in league 1, finish it by re-signing someone we actively released 'cos they were generally a bit shite.