The New Raith Rovers Thread

There must be potential for something. Smaller clubs than us have relatively busy bar areas open to fans. Dumbarton, Airdrie, Livi etc
Doesent help that when we do open the Raith Suite, you have to have a match ticket to get in.

Peterhead's was always hoaching too.

11 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Surely if the hospitality isn't making money it's up to the board to negotiate a deal or come up with a way it does make money rather than dropping it altogether?

Plenty of clubs smaller than us can run a successful, profitable hospitality package

Negotiating good deals doesn't seem to be our boards strong suit. Like I said earlier, there were other options suggested but the board felt as it couldn't sell hospitality last season in the Championship and they would have struggled this season too in Div 1 then a fans pub was the best option.  People need to be coming away from spending £50-100 on a day outs hospitality and saying "wow! what a great day that was!" not just "aye it was ok I suppose"  Until they are willing to let someone in with the formulae to achieve that they're justified in opening it up as a match day pub.

10 hours ago, Kdawg said:

I've been told in the past that Mario and Dennis had put money into the club years ago as a soft loan and instead of getting it back, they get all the money from the catering/hospitality. Obviously if there's a buyout, you'd think these deals would be knocked on the head and the club could do their own thing as suggested above.

6 hours ago, Typicalrovers said:

I'm sure that Mario has had the outlets in the ground without charge since at least the 80s. Another commercial masterstroke.

My understanding is that during the reconstruction in the 1990's Mario kitted out all 7 catering outlets with his own equipment and that's why he has the franchise...well that and the other small matter of him always being the one who sub's RRFC when things get desperate.

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Tbf there's no good reason that there's not a club bar for everyone, surely get plenty more punters through the door than the select few in whatever club it is that runs it and in turn brings cash into the club that would otherwise be in the pockets of the exchequer/ Novar/ Styx etc. 

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Pleased if the Raith Suite is going to be open to all. To have several bar areas and still not able to get a drink at the ground was daft.

But there are club bars for everyone you just have to join the either 200 Club or the Jim McMillan club. Why not join (200 club £20 per season) all their profits go back to the football club, last season both of them gave RRFC 5 figure cheques. I can't speak for the Jim McMillan club as I'm not a member (they wont let me join :lol: ) but there's bugger all elitist about the 200 club, the only problem is space as they are limited to how many can fit it to the space allotted.....now if they were to be allowed to return to the Raith suit where we used to be the 200 club could increase membership and probable double its donations to the club.

Finding space for a fans bar is an issue though, only the Raith suit is large enough to accommodate more than 100 fans, if every single person who is a member turns up on the same day in the 200 club they can't all get in.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The club are great at that sort of stuff so it shouldn't be a problem.

Since when??

Oh sarcasm eh?  ;)

Scottydog there is nothing eletist about the Jim McMillan club we like the 200 club are limited by the space we have and therefore our membership is lmited to 50 all of whom can be accomodated.  The reason you can't get in is there are only a limited number of pies,sausage rolls and sandwiches for the members at half-time. :P;)

8 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Like I said earlier, there were other options suggested but the board felt as it couldn't sell hospitality last season in the Championship and they would have struggled this season too in Div 1 then a fans pub was the best option.  People need to be coming away from spending £50-100 on a day outs hospitality and saying "wow! what a great day that was!" not just "aye it was ok I suppose"  Until they are willing to let someone in with the formulae to achieve that they're justified in opening it up as a match day pub.

Other options ?

who is suggesting these 'options' and who is deciding upon them ?

open and tranceparent my arse

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

There must be potential for something. Smaller clubs than us have relatively busy bar areas open to fans. Dumbarton, Airdrie, Livi etc

Doesent help that when we do open the Raith Suite, you have to have a match ticket to get in.

I have seen two bars at The Fife, both busy and certainly one of them is just walk in no ticket required

must make them money ?

15 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Other options ?

who is suggesting these 'options' and who is deciding upon them ?

open and tranceparent my arse

If they only decide to tell fans that there will be no hospitality next season when someone actually phones up to enquire then they're hardly likely to come right out and tell us who has offered to do what.

As for the other options I know that since the seasons end there definitely was someone who was of a mind to approach the board with a view to taking over the hospitality suite. They seemed very keen to make this happen, and the fact that it hasn't happened then I'd guess they were either put off by what's going on or the board have decided their own idea (fans bar) is a better one. At the end of the day the board make all the decisions on what happens so ultimately it'll be them that decided on it.

As for open and transparent I actually think that in general they are as long as you know the questions you want answers to. What they aren't good at is telling us things off the bat, one director is always telling me that he'll answer just about any questions asked I as as long as it doesn't involve salaries or contracts.

Has anyone thought to email the club and ask for some clarification? I'm sure the fans representative would happily oblige.

45 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Negotiating good deals doesn't seem to be our boards strong suit. Like I said earlier, there were other options suggested but the board felt as it couldn't sell hospitality last season in the Championship and they would have struggled this season too in Div 1 then a fans pub was the best option.  People need to be coming away from spending £50-100 on a day outs hospitality and saying "wow! what a great day that was!" not just "aye it was ok I suppose"  Until they are willing to let someone in with the formulae to achieve that they're justified in opening it up as a match day pub.

My understanding is that during the reconstruction in the 1990's Mario kitted out all 7 catering outlets with his own equipment and that's why he has the franchise...well that and the other small matter of him always being the one who sub's RRFC when things get desperate.

But there are club bars for everyone you just have to join the either 200 Club or the Jim McMillan club. Why not join (200 club £20 per season) all their profits go back to the football club, last season both of them gave RRFC 5 figure cheques. I can't speak for the Jim McMillan club as I'm not a member (they wont let me join :lol: ) but there's bugger all elitist about the 200 club, the only problem is space as they are limited to how many can fit it to the space allotted.....now if they were to be allowed to return to the Raith suit where we used to be the 200 club could increase membership and probable double its donations to the club.

Finding space for a fans bar is an issue though, only the Raith suit is large enough to accommodate more than 100 fans, if every single person who is a member turns up on the same day in the 200 club they can't all get in.

Since when??

Oh sarcasm eh?  ;)

Previously enquired about joining the 200 club and informed theres a waiting list. That's a bit much hassle for the odd pint. Totally understand re the space thing.

13 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

If they only decide to tell fans that there will be no hospitality next season when someone actually phones up to enquire then they're hardly likely to come right out and tell us who has offered to do what.

As for the other options I know that since the seasons end there definitely was someone who was of a mind to approach the board with a view to taking over the hospitality suite. They seemed very keen to make this happen, and the fact that it hasn't happened then I'd guess they were either put off by what's going on or the board have decided their own idea (fans bar) is a better one. At the end of the day the board make all the decisions on what happens so ultimately it'll be them that decided on it.

As for open and transparent I actually think that in general they are as long as you know the questions you want answers to. What they aren't good at is telling us things off the bat, one director is always telling me that he'll answer just about any questions asked I as as long as it doesn't involve salaries or contracts.

Has anyone thought to email the club and ask for some clarification? I'm sure the fans representative would happily oblige.

if he puts down the microphone long enough that is 

26 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Previously enquired about joining the 200 club and informed theres a waiting list. That's a bit much hassle for the odd pint. Totally understand re the space thing.

Exactly that's what's wrong with a raith Rovers full stop, I for one would easily spend 10-20 quid at a club pub but unfortunately the novar bar gets my money instead because as you say you need to be a member. Brechin had a great wee club just walked right off the street and in. 

However like you say space is limited but then this falls back on the Rovers board for being too short sighted again after again. 

23 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Imagine the scenes if Fifes Finest had saved up enough money from raffle cards and selling polo shirts to buy a majority in the club.

The club would have been running fucking better than it is now thats for sure.:unsure:

Was pricing an issue for hospitality at starks park? Was hoping to do it this season. I've only ever been to bay view hospitality and it's been brilliant every time and well worth what you get for your money.

1 minute ago, T-zero said:

Was pricing an issue for hospitality at starks park? Was hoping to do it this season. I've only ever been to bay view hospitality and it's been brilliant every time and well worth what you get for your money.

Na I don't think it was overly pricey for what you get. I've been twice and I enjoyed it. The only criticism I had was the food was poor. It reminded me of when you go to one of those Christmas party nights and the food you get is luke warm etc. As for the rest of the day, it's pretty good!

For home fans though, the McMillan lounge is by far the better option. Cheap drink, free buffet before the game, HT and FT. Better athospehere too. They also seem to be donating money to the club pretty regularly so obviously making a profit.

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Scottydog there is nothing eletist about the Jim McMillan club we like the 200 club are limited by the space we have and therefore our membership is lmited to 50 all of whom can be accomodated.  The reason you can't get in is there are only a limited number of pies,sausage rolls and sandwiches for the members at half-time. :P;)

Wouldnae want them anyway, I know the baker he's dodgy as f**k :lol: