The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, renton said:

We've got 3 central mids, one of whom played a grand total of 15 mins last season. We shouldn't be selling. Likewise with speculation about Vaughan, better to keep these guys and get the chance of increased revenue from promotion, rather than the pittance nominal fee we'd receive from selling them now.

Rosco could do us all a favour

score more than 6 goals before the January window

then we could get a better price than we could get now

a big ask I know but surely he has to start scoring goals sometime this century ?

Rosco could do us all a favour
score more than 6 goals before the January window
then we could get a better price than we could get now
a big ask I know but surely he has to start scoring goals sometime this century ?

He scored 2 goals at the start of last season as he was pushed further forward. Then reverted to the 40 and 50 yard shots that inevitably ended up in row Z

From a six figure sum a year ago being turned down from ict to a £20k value just because we're a league below I really doubt it. I would expect £60-70k although he's only worth about £6-7. If £20k is what they're offering then i find it unlikely he will go.

That kind of money does open doors in regards of loan players if not permanent transfers.

We did not get offered a 6 figure sum for Callachan last summer. We won't have turned that down if we had. Considering 6 months later we let Bates move on for f**k all.

The contempt from our for Callachan is one thing I really don't understand from our fans. He'll always run about, put in a shift for you and try his hardest and chips in a few goals each season. His shooting can be bad at times, but I'd far rather he tried to take shots, than having someone who wasn't willing to try it. Doesn't help when you have three forwards in front of you who hadn't scored since October. 

70 grand? You boys are at it again. So that's £170,000 you reckon you should get for Vaughan and Callachan! League 1 team, please remember that. If you got 40 for the 2 that would be a miracle!

We'd be better holding out until after Vaughan's contract ends for the development fee then :lol:

10 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

70 grand? You boys are at it again. So that's £170,000 you reckon you should get for Vaughan and Callachan! League 1 team, please remember that. If you got 40 for the 2 that would be a miracle!

That would be an improvement, we normally sell 3 players for £10k

Don't really see all the hype over Callachan. Tried hard and works away tirelessly but just not got it for me. Doesn't chip in with many goals and can't pick out that killer pass which can unlock defences.

Him and Matthews similar players for me, if it's 2 in midfield we opt for would rather one of them paired with a more creative minded player. From what I saw last season in terms of breaking up play, would maybe say I prefer Matthews.

Personally, I would be gutted if Callachan left, hes been a great servant to our club and I honestly cant understand why people are wanting him to leave. Say he does leave then who would we be able to attract to replace him thats the same standard of player he is?  Callachan was excellent under McKinnon and should be able to walk this league he is a key player and we cannot lose him

I wouldn't want Callaghan to leave but he's not without his weaknesses, like pretty much everybody at this level. He can be very frustrating to watch on the ball sometimes, really slows things down and wastes possession at times.

The thing about Callachan though is that he will try things that other centre mids won't do. He will try through and over the top balls and of course they wont work every time but when they do its fantastic to watch he also doesn't stop running and will get stuck into challenges, however, he does have a big problem with consistency. I think we need to keep Callachan because we won't get anyone better this season, maybe next if we get promoted but we need to keep him for this season atleast 

If we could shift Callachan's wages and bring in another centre midfielder I'd be all for it, Matthews and Callachan are similar players and Matthews is the far better of the two imo. I've no doubt Callachan may be a decent player on his day in this league but the amount of possession he wastes and the number of terrible 30 yarder shots he blazes miles wide or over annoy me on a weekly basis. 

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If we could shift Callachan's wages and bring in another centre midfielder I'd be all for it, Matthews and Callachan are similar players and Matthews is the far better of the two imo. I've no doubt Callachan may be a decent player on his day in this league but the amount of possession he wastes and the number of terrible 30 yarder shots he blazes miles wide or over annoy me on a weekly basis. 

If only Williams hadn't got a fingertip to his shot 3 years ago at Easter Road things would be oh so different.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Who would you bring in to replace him then?