The New Raith Rovers Thread

If (IF) we can afford to pay players £900 a week, then that would suggest to me we have a budget bigger than most - if not all - teams in this league.

I'm assuming you are basing your argument on budget remaining rather than overall budget?

No argument from me, I'm just concerned we have made 3 signings and disposed of 12, maybe 13 with the Pars interest for Callachan. I'm going merely by heresay. You and McGuigan78 must have all the facts and figures to shout me down every time I post

Agreed, cool it on the "we're too big for this league" comments.  
A number of the Debt Dodgers were of that  mind when they came back down and did not make it at first attempt, in spite of their billy big baws talk.
There will be a lot of hard games this season make no mistake about that!

Raith don't have The Rangers in there league, we would've comfortably made it back up if it wasn't for that.

Providing Raith are sensible with the budget and are well managed they should go up, there's no denying or getting away from that.

I'd find that pretty upsetting tbh

As would I, he was pish against us everytime.

No argument from me, I'm just concerned we have made 3 signings and disposed of 12, maybe 13 with the Pars interest for Callachan. I'm going merely by heresay. You and McGuigan78 must have all the facts and figures to shout me down every time I post

Ok, so it wasn't an argument but you did disagree with the poster who suggested we would have close to the biggest budget in the league. I was merely pointing out that we will have one of the biggest budgets in the league and you are obviously basing your opinion (not argument) on funds left for new players wages, rather than the overall budget.

To clarify, this is me engaging in conversation with you, and not shouting you down!

44 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It wouldn't take much. Chairman said in his first interview after we were relegated we're not in a position to stand in a players way if they want to leave. I'm sure Dunfermline could have him if they wanted. They've got bigger stands for him to hit row z at least.

Their stands behind the goals are smaller than ours, assuming that's the goals he aims at.

It wouldn't really.

We need 11 players to play a game. On that basis he'd be missed.

After last season, I couldn't care less who stays and who goes, but we still need approx. 16 players come July.

We need 11 players to play a game. On that basis he'd be missed.

After last season, I couldn't care less who stays and who goes, but we still need approx. 16 players come July.

In fairness if we sell him, we could use that money to strengthen the team. I'd much rather do that. In fact i'll cycle him there with one of those rickshaws.

In fairness if we sell him, we could use that money to strengthen the team. I'd much rather do that. In fact i'll cycle him there with one of those rickshaws.

Have the Pars come into some money?

How would the absolute pittance we'd receive strengthen the team?

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

We've got 3 central mids, one of whom played a grand total of 15 mins last season. We shouldn't be selling. Likewise with speculation about Vaughan, better to keep these guys and get the chance of increased revenue from promotion, rather than the pittance nominal fee we'd receive from selling them now.

25 minutes ago, basher brash said:

What I find really interesting we are this ,we are that , we are the wee team ,yet you sign 2 ex Rovers now reportedly after a 3rd , all members of a relegated team.lol

"lol" alert.

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

We'll get about £20k if we sell him. Can't stand in the boy's way, eh?

We're also pretty much bottom of the list when it comes to players wanting full-time football as well. I'd rather non of our players were sold as we we aren't really in a position to replace them with better. 

From a six figure sum a year ago being turned down from ict to a £20k value just because we're a league below I really doubt it. I would expect £60-70k although he's only worth about £6-7. If £20k is what they're offering then i find it unlikely he will go.

That kind of money does open doors in regards of loan players if not permanent transfers.

From a six figure sum a year ago being turned down from ict to a £20k value just because we're a league below I really doubt it. I would expect £60-70k although he's only worth about £6-7. If £20k is what they're offering then i find it unlikely he will go.

That kind of money does open doors in regards of loan players if not permanent transfers.

1498320227960.jpg.92b35001fa916fa806f8dda5a917f241.jpg

Nobody is going to pay £70k for any of your shan players, contracted to a seaside league outfit. That's not how the transfer market works.