The New Raith Rovers Thread

Alloa away bloody hell. I hate Recreation Park. Not a happy hunting ground

We haven't lost in our last five visits.

We've rarely won there.

We've won 15 and drawn 7 of our last 28 visits. Can't imagine we've too many better away records anywhere.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quite surprised at Stewart and C Barr dropping down to part time. Would have thought a full time wage at us would have been better than a part time wage even in the league above, unless they're just not keen on playing League 1 football and/or have something lined up on the side where part time suited them. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Quite surprised at Stewart and C Barr dropping down to part time. Would have thought a full time wage at us would have been better than a part time wage even in the league above, unless they're just not keen on playing League 1 football and/or have something lined up on the side where part time suited them. 

In Stewart's case at least, it's the club that got shot of him, not the other way round.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Barr has a web design business so will be OK. 

Again, our insistence on being fully FT has cost us here. We can't offer enough to make it worth his while, and the result is we lose a player who would utterly stroll it at this level. I still think we should've left the door open to allowing a couple of PT players. 

Edited by Michael W

I see we have set a target of 1,000 season ticket sales, or Target 1,000, if you prefer.

We would need to sell another 350 so I really can't see it happening but it would be good if it did and presumably then boosted the budget a bit to help us come #roaring back.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see we have set a target of 1,000 season ticket sales, or Target 1,000, if you prefer.

We would need to sell another 350 so I really can't see it happening but it would be good if it did and presumably then boosted the budget a bit to help us come #roaring back.

Bought mine this morning #shambling back.