The New Raith Rovers Thread

I miss the Morton fans and that's saying something. 

Anyway back to the matter at hand apart from a left back that looks to be the squad for next season. 

Smaller but looks more balanced and still loan deals to be sorted if needed. 

Post on Fantalk from someone that went to watch the team train today. Couple of faces he didn't recognise but the new signings, along with Thorsen/Osei/Thomson were all there. Interestingly McHattie was also there albeit training by himself.

Post on Fantalk from someone that went to watch the team train today. Couple of faces he didn't recognise but the new signings, along with Thorsen/Osei/Thomson were all there. Interestingly McHattie was also there albeit training by himself.

I know this is controversial but i'd keep McHattie if we can afford him. Certainly gives a lot going forward and we won't be facing the same quality of attackers this season.

23 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I know this is controversial but i'd keep McHattie if we can afford him. Certainly gives a lot going forward and we won't be facing the same quality of attackers this season.

I said it on fantalk, but for me his big problem was his brutal lack of positional sense, often getting caught way out of position - obvious as far back as last August in the drubbing down in Dumfries. That's the kind of thing that will get punished at any level.

Also, noted in the courier that the language from Smith has changed from looking for a defensive player and a couple of wide players to 'looking at loan deals'. We could well be going into the new season with a pretty flaky defence and no cover.

Also, noted in the courier that the language from Smith has changed from looking for a defensive player and a couple of wide players to 'looking at loan deals'. We could well be going into the new season with a pretty flaky defence and no cover.

Spunked the budget on Spence and Buchanan me thinks.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

McKeown was pish under Murray but almost a different player under McKinnon. No guarantees McHattie would be mince under Smith.

McIntosh's name was mentioned on Fantalk last week I think.

In fairness, McKeown's game improved markedly under Murray when he wasn't playing alongside human training cone Ross Perry. He improved further under McKinnon right enough.