The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Why is your username 'Raithie'? emoji849.png

38 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

:lol:

Yeah, Roversie, answer that one!

Hahaha that's a bloody good question. I'll go on the basis 'Roversie' didn't pop into my head at the time of registering, either that or I was pandering to the fact the bulk of opposition fans call us 'Raith' :P

The thing that's been occupying my mind is whether to apply for that wee East Fife casuals mob. I'm 46 in August, but I could do with the buzz. Are pensioner crews a thing yet?

Oh, and I am mainly thinking about whether or not to buy a season ticket to #bepartofit and go #roaringback. Probably will.

Looking forward to the fixtures coming out on Friday. Will pencil in my away days.

"2017 / 2018 walk up admission arrangements will remain unchanged from this season. If there are to be any Category A matches, this will be announced as soon as opposition teams are known."
http://www.raithrovers.net/29563/201718-season-tickets-on-sale-also-hibs-match.htm

Thanks for that. Hmm. £270 for 18 games in league if at £15. So we have two home league cup games which we paid no more than about £10 last season. Really can't see the justification at the full price I would have to pay.

Thanks for that. Hmm. £270 for 18 games in league if at £15. So we have two home league cup games which we paid no more than about £10 last season. Really can't see the justification at the full price I would have to pay.

250 for season ticket until end of June.

Thorsen and Osei expected to sign on again for next season according to the press

It's worded "expected to be in the fold after impressing at U21 level last season".

That to me says they've already signed on? No?

Lennox and Thomson expected to sign before the end of the week as well.

Lennox will start as No.1 as Cuthbert is still injured.

Thomson will remain as captain for next season as well.

Completely and utterly irrelevant post but I'm highly bored with the lack of signings/games/general Roversness.
If someone was to ask you who you support, what would you say? For me growing up the club have always been known as the Rovers. "going to the Rovers on Saturday, any Rovers news, are the Rovers still shite?" so when I hear people call us 'Raith' I find it rather, weird. I don't think I've ever, when asked, said "I'm going o the Raith game on Saturday". It got me thinking about a time I got speaking to someone at a gig who was from down Dumfries way. He asked me initially where in Fife I was from then the convo moved onto football (the guy in question was a QOS fan) and asked who I supported. I had assumed, when I said previously I was from Kirkcaldy that the seed was planted, so when I said 'the Rovers' he didn't twig who I meant. Not until I said Raith Rovers did he realise who the Rovers were. I found it interesting.
I am bored as f**k.

Not 'Raith' .. howsabout Lino Lickers for a sense of history?
Darksiders.... just cos.
More? xxx
The concept I 8 not the individual.
Lookin' forward to two visits to the railway sidings this season!

19 minutes ago, Wee Jockie said:

Darksiders.... just cos.
More? xxx

I don't think we even have a witty name for East Fife, they are that irrelevant. Soz bbz x

Darksiders.... just cos.

More? xxx

I'm starting to think the majority of East Fife Fans on here get aff their tits, everyday

It's become abundantly clear since we joined this forum, that the Methil schooling system is atrocious.

[emoji6]More than happy with my schooling. Could get very anoraky and geeky about it.. but ur from Kirkcaldy. That is called writing prescriptively rather than diagnostically. Arm wrestle on writing skills? #12pointsforlowermethil

[emoji6]More than happy with my schooling. Could get very anoraky and geeky about it.. but ur from Kirkcaldy. That is called writing prescriptively rather than diagnostically. Arm wrestle on writing skills? #12pointsforlowermethil

Gave up at 'but ur' to be honest.

4 hours ago, Wee Jockie said:

Darksiders.... just cos.
More? xxx

Wee Jockie likes a pint or 6 before the fitba, wears his east fife strip that's at least a size too small and has a bit of banter on the way to the game with the opposition fans. The younger fans call him a legend.