The New Raith Rovers Thread

Completely and utterly irrelevant post but I'm highly bored with the lack of signings/games/general Roversness.

If someone was to ask you who you support, what would you say? For me growing up the club have always been known as the Rovers. "going to the Rovers on Saturday, any Rovers news, are the Rovers still shite?" so when I hear people call us 'Raith' I find it rather, weird. I don't think I've ever, when asked, said "I'm going o the Raith game on Saturday". It got me thinking about a time I got speaking to someone at a gig who was from down Dumfries way. He asked me initially where in Fife I was from then the convo moved onto football (the guy in question was a QOS fan) and asked who I supported. I had assumed, when I said previously I was from Kirkcaldy that the seed was planted, so when I said 'the Rovers' he didn't twig who I meant. Not until I said Raith Rovers did he realise who the Rovers were. I found it interesting.

I am bored as f**k.

Completely and utterly irrelevant post but I'm highly bored with the lack of signings/games/general Roversness.
If someone was to ask you who you support, what would you say? For me growing up the club have always been known as the Rovers. "going to the Rovers on Saturday, any Rovers news, are the Rovers still shite?" so when I hear people call us 'Raith' I find it rather, weird. I don't think I've ever, when asked, said "I'm going o the Raith game on Saturday". It got me thinking about a time I got speaking to someone at a gig who was from down Dumfries way. He asked me initially where in Fife I was from then the convo moved onto football (the guy in question was a QOS fan) and asked who I supported. I had assumed, when I said previously I was from Kirkcaldy that the seed was planted, so when I said 'the Rovers' he didn't twig who I meant. Not until I said Raith Rovers did he realise who the Rovers were. I found it interesting.
I am bored as f**k.

I'll always say Raith Rovers and I'll swap between going to the "Rovers" on Saturday or off to the "Raith" game. I think it really depends on who I'm talking to. I usually find I'll refer to them as "The Rovers" with other fans and use "Raith" when speaking in general.

I think Raith defines us more rather than The Rovers.

The thing that has been occupying my mind most this summer is whether we will go back to 1-11 shirt numbering now we've been relegated.
Nothing will confirm our new found diddyness as much as dropping squad numbering.

Yup, the numbering of the shirts last season was ridiculous. Egomania that failed dramatically

We enter the 1st round draw on Tuesday, it's at 1pm live on the SPFL Facebook page & there's no seedings but it's by north & south so we could play any of these teams: 

Aberdeen U20 
Alloa 
Arbroath 
Brechin 
Brora Rangers 
Buckie Thistle 
Cove Rangers 
Cowdenbeath 
Dundee U20 
Dundee United 
Dunfermline 
East Fife 
Elgin 
Forfar 
Formartine United 
Hearts U20 
Hibs U20 
Montrose 
Peterhead 
Ross County U20 
Stenhousemuir 
Stirling 
St Johnstone U20 

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-reveal-updated-irn-bru-cup-format/

Matches on Tuesday 15th & Wednesday 16th August.

47 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Yup, the numbering of the shirts last season was ridiculous. Egomania that failed dramatically

It was the third season of us doing it. The other two were fine.

I am bored as f**k.

Why is your username 'Raithie'? [emoji849]

20 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The league fixtures are out on Friday. Is there firm confirmation of walk up prices for this season yet ? Will need to do the annual checking if shifts to see if it's worthwhile.

"2017 / 2018 walk up admission arrangements will remain unchanged from this season. If there are to be any Category A matches, this will be announced as soon as opposition teams are known."

http://www.raithrovers.net/29563/201718-season-tickets-on-sale-also-hibs-match.htm