The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, rw89 said:

Mvoto is a liability. By the time the third and fourth rounds fixtures came about he'd been figured out. He'll be decent back up for them.

As for McManus, he hit form towards the end but wasn't good enough between October and the end of the season. With that said he had to drop deep and was often paired with Skacel.

So far I'm very happy with our business. Spence and Buchanan are proven at this level. Spence in particular seems to have moved a bit away from the Nando's bants and a bit more mature. We've not lost anyone to other clubs and Smith sounds like he fight to keep Vaughan. I'd imagine we'll hear a few names over the next couple of days.

I don't feel Ayr have a hugely improved squad and Airdrie just lost Iain Russell who got them a decent 18 goals last season. It's going to be a huge test this season for us. We can't get to the clocks going back and start to drop our form. We're all in it together and need to make sure it's positive moving forwards.

Your right we haven't hugely improved our squad from last season but by maintaining the same quality and turning full time we should be too strong for all the teams in league one with the possible exception of Rovers.

2 hours ago, tigger said:

Reading that article I think we have a more mature player this time round.

certainly get that impression, hope it shows up in the goals scored column

liked him when he was with us before, sure I will still like him

nice lad

Funny that I got lambasted for calling M'Voto a big haddie several months ago by plenty people. Our fan base then unanimously voted said player as our PotY. A nightmare against Brechin and signing for Pars later and everyone has changed opinion!

Way I look at it, were we to play Dunfermline competitively this season, would I want M'Voto to be playing against us? Yes. Would I look forward to facing McManus in a team where he isn't isolated and starved of decent service? No.

Funny that I got lambasted for calling M'Voto a big haddie several months ago by plenty people. Our fan base then unanimously voted said player as our PotY. A nightmare against Brechin and signing for Pars later and everyone has changed opinion!
Way I look at it, were we to play Dunfermline competitively this season, would I want M'Voto to be playing against us? Yes. Would I look forward to facing McManus in a team where he isn't isolated and starved of decent service? No.

He was good enough for a while. I missed the Brechin game. Then he joined the parseholes. Now I'm not so keen.

Are you trying to point score?

M'voto was a bomb scare when you're also iffy about the rest of your defence and worried about a shaky goalkeeper. McManus was useless in a team if the midfield couldn't create or pass forward. I'm meh about both leaving but think in a more settled team than ours last year they'd be fine.

6 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Nice Article . What a great footballing attitude the lad has 

I'll put my hand up and say that I was very critical of Spence in the past. Seems to be relishing the chance to go back full time and has a really good attitude. 

With M'Voto, I was thinking after the Hibs game he wasn't all he was cracked up to be. The St Mirren game confirmed it. Then by the time of the Brechin game it was clear nothing was going to change. He got shoehorned into the deep despite his final quarter performances. 

M'voto is a ball winning cb. He made a couple of mistakes in the vital games at the end of the season but overall he's probably the best signing locke made. Mcmanus for all his effort never had the technical ability to do what he wanted to. His shooting was worse than callachans, who most lambast for his capabilities in that department. He had a few good games at the end of the season which seems to have clouded our fans judgement. Anyone else see the irony in all of that?

16 minutes ago, Cannon Fodder said:

It was absolutely soul destroying turning up every week seeing he was starting up front despite contributing zero the week before. I got this feeling around 30 times.

he definitely put in a better shift towards the end of the season

what was that all about ?

big pity he didn't do the same throughout the season, kept us in a better place

I used to get hoarse shouting how ship he was

5 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

he definitely put in a better shift towards the end of the season

what was that all about ?

big pity he didn't do the same throughout the season, kept us in a better place

I used to get hoarse shouting how ship he was

Declan McBoatface.

He went 21 consecutive league matches without scoring a goal. He was horrendous for us.

Doesn't make him automatically a bad player but his form, and the fact he kept getting picked, was a significant factor in our relegation.

Nicked from Fantalk:

"There's definitely a Cowdenbeath player on his way here. One of their directors just tweeted "All the best sir at @RaithRovers_FC unless against @CowdenbeathFC #MyFamiliy'sfavouriteCowdenPlayer"