The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think we are going to be tight on the numbers this year squad wise and youth will be used which is no bad thing.

Depends on injuries and how good the youths actually are.

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/15/smith-delighted-with-three-new-signings-as-new-season-edges-closer-for-new-rovers-boss/

This is the interview I done with Barry Smith earlier this week. Potentially similar content to the Courier and FFP (I've not read their articles yet so don't know) but I'll post this here anyway for anyone who's interested. 

:whistle

No big signings for the Pars but they do sign a defender that almost single handedly got Rovers relegated and an attacker that singularly failed to impress.

Hmm unless the rest of the team become overnight sensations,  then I think they'll struggle.

No big signings for the Pars but they do sign a defender that almost single handedly got Rovers relegated and an attacker that singularly failed to impress.
Hmm unless the rest of the team become overnight sensations,  then I think they'll struggle.

Maybe they'll flourish under decent management? I'm not necessarily saying that's what they'll get at the Pars but just because those players weren't at their best under Locke and Hughes guidance, doesn't mean they'll struggle elsewhere.

Mvoto is a liability. By the time the third and fourth rounds fixtures came about he'd been figured out. He'll be decent back up for them.

As for McManus, he hit form towards the end but wasn't good enough between October and the end of the season. With that said he had to drop deep and was often paired with Skacel.

So far I'm very happy with our business. Spence and Buchanan are proven at this level. Spence in particular seems to have moved a bit away from the Nando's bants and a bit more mature. We've not lost anyone to other clubs and Smith sounds like he fight to keep Vaughan. I'd imagine we'll hear a few names over the next couple of days.

I don't feel Ayr have a hugely improved squad and Airdrie just lost Iain Russell who got them a decent 18 goals last season. It's going to be a huge test this season for us. We can't get to the clocks going back and start to drop our form. We're all in it together and need to make sure it's positive moving forwards.