The New Raith Rovers Thread

Skacel was funded externally. I find the £950 figure hard to believe. If it is true Livi we're offering £400 a week what the f**k would we be offering £950 p/w for. If I was in his shoes all it would have taken for me to switch clubs would have been an offer of say £500 p/w, that's an extra £5K a year, anybody would take that.

You ever thought that maybe because we're going with a smaller squad and using the youths that we might be offering slightly larger wages to get the players smith wants.

Just seen that Rovers signed Buchanan and Spence. That's a really good partnership, especially in the third tier. I didn't think you'd go for the "at all costs" promotion effort but it probably is the most likely to succeed.

I predict a close race up until February and the you'll run away with it in the end. There will be mass hysteria and panic on here around the Autumn but you'll be fine.

Just seen that Rovers signed Buchanan and Spence. That's a really good partnership, especially in the third tier. I didn't think you'd go for the "at all costs" promotion effort but it probably is the most likely to succeed.

I predict a close race up until February and the you'll run away with it in the end. There will be mass hysteria and panic on here around the Autumn but you'll be fine.

Hope so mate, all banter aside our real Derby is the Pars, hopefully you'll be in a promotion push. And hopefully we screw the nut and get out of this league. It won't be easy that's for sure. The players signed for next season that helped us to relegation better up their game.

7 hours ago, MICMAC said:

You ever thought that maybe because we're going with a smaller squad and using the youths that we might be offering slightly larger wages to get the players smith wants.

There will also be significantly less prize money from the league, and next to no aay fans at most games.

We are in no position to offer daft money like £950 p/w and I'd doubt anyone except Skacel would've been on that last season. I think it's bollocks that we're paying him that. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

M'Voto was on significantly more than that, and an all expenses paid flat.

I'd be very surprised if you, or anyone else on this forum knows exactly what a player earns.

16 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

what date are league fixtures announced?

4 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I believe its this Friday

Friday June 23 is publication day for the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixtures-published-in-a-fortnight-6/#mtPECJdJKq9bdbb5.99

I'd be very surprised if you, or anyone else on this forum knows exactly what a player earns.

I assumed this would be the general response so deleted the post but it seems you caught it in time. I didn't say I knew exactly what he earned. I heard from someone at the club a ball park figure, one which, as I said, was significantly more than the number quoted.

Hello Rovers fans, 
I have a quiz for you https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/raith-rovers-top-5-scorers-since-9899
Name the top 5 scorers in each season since 98/99. Good luck, hope it doesn't bring back too many painful memories!

Enjoyed giving that a go, it's amazing how many players you forget despite them scoring a good few goals for us.

IMG_1497271840.950628.jpg

Would have had an extra point if I'd written Steve instead of Steven [emoji28]