The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be honest. It doesn't matter who's the bigger club. Every club in this division is starting on a clean slate. We got ourselves into this position and it's up to Barry Smith and the players to get us out. But that'll be the message sent across all the teams. I'm looking forward to our traditional Derby

In all honesty, I personally wouldn't be against merging the 2 clubs together and building a new multi purpose stadium on the way out of Kirkcaldy. Fifes too big for 4 clubs and wee teams like East Fife don't really bring much to the table anymore. They won a cup so many years back but I really doubt there's very many still alive today that we're actually there.

I think we merge the clubs and let our friendly neighbours see what it's like to play at home in a real stadium with plenty of fans.

In all honesty, I personally wouldn't be against merging the 2 clubs together and building a new multi purpose stadium on the way out of Kirkcaldy. Fifes too big for 4 clubs and wee teams like East Fife don't really bring much to the table anymore. They won a cup so many years back but I really doubt there's very many still alive today that we're actually there.

I think we merge the clubs and let our friendly neighbours see what it's like to play at home in a real stadium with plenty of fans.

It gets worse.

9 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

RAITH ROVERS .Have a bigger ground , bigger support , bigger budget , more charity shops , bigger caravan site , the mercat (lol) . Won better cups ? have Vaughn ? (lol) .But are still in the same league as EAST FIFE . Well done , PMSL .

Away and munch on yer maws crumpet. It will be more enjoyable than watching your team get ass raped over the 4 games, Saying that you might enjoy it 

Yep. A bit of needle between sets of supporters is fine but the standard of it on this thread (on both sides) make we want to gouge my own eyes out. Hopefully this is just pre-season boredom and not a sign of things to come.

Edit: Great example from the post above.

Edited by Gordon EF

On an entirely separate note, I haven't been keeping that up to date with anyone's signings so far but if from what I can gather from the past few pages you guys go into next season with a front two of Spence and Buchanan then you will absolute steam roll this league IMO

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Too small for 4 in that case, surely?

19 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

On an entirely separate note, I haven't been keeping that up to date with anyone's signings so far but if from what I can gather from the past few pages you guys go into next season with a front two of Spence and Buchanan then you will absolute steam roll this league IMO

I'm looking forward to those two up front but it'd just be like the Rovers for the two of them to be injured for the majority of the season. Buchanan must have been lured by the potential tilt at winning the league again rather than battling it out in the bottom half of the Championship.

We already have the foundation for a title winning team but I thought we had more than enough last season to be nowhere near relegation. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

I'm looking forward to those two up front but it'd just be like the Rovers for the two of them to be injured for the majority of the season. Buchanan must have been lured by the potential tilt at winning the league again rather than battling it out in the bottom half of the Championship.
We already have the foundation for a title winning team but I thought we had more than enough last season to be nowhere near relegation. 

Or could be the lure of higher wages and a better contract

I'd hazard a guess that it won't be far off that, having heard what M'Voto and Skacel were on last year.

Skacel was funded externally. I find the £950 figure hard to believe. If it is true Livi we're offering £400 a week what the f**k would we be offering £950 p/w for. If I was in his shoes all it would have taken for me to switch clubs would have been an offer of say £500 p/w, that's an extra £5K a year, anybody would take that.