The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Get it right,it was a Saturday

Grantie is right. I remember there was a skydiver landing on the pitch before the game for some reason. That was the day I fell in love with the Rovers. More of the same this season please.

33 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Here's a game I fondly remember it was Wednesday 7th of November 1987. The venue Starks Park, the opposition East Fife. The Rovers line-up that day was :-

1) McAlpine

2) McStay

3) McLeod

4) Fraser

5) Brash

6) Sweeny

7) Simpson

8 Harris

9) Marshall

10) Dalziel

11) Wright

Subs :- Lloyd and Harrow both came on in the 78th minute for Simpson and Marshall.

The score was 7-1 for the Rovers and the scorers were Dalziel (3), Harris (2), Brash and McStay.  Don't know who scored for East Fife not that it really matters.  A wonderful mid-week game under the floodlights.  Another thing to note about that season was that was the last season that East Fife beat the Rovers in a league or cup game. ;)

5)

I really enjoyed that day can't quite out my finger on why though:lol:

Edited by mr mince

Logged on and noticed there had been a fair bit of activity in this topic since I was last on this morning. For one foolish moment I thought maybe the discussion would be around another new signing, but no, I should've realised it would be more hilarious banter from an East Fife fan and Super Hans.

Logged on and noticed there had been a fair bit of activity in this topic since I was last on this morning. For one foolish moment I thought maybe the discussion would be around another new signing, but no, I should've realised it would be more hilarious banter from an East Fife fan and Super Hans.

Hans has taken your reputation of the most controversial Rovers fan. You'll need to hit new levels MN.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Well that's a fucking shit fact and, incidentally, not a fact at all - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948–49_Scottish_League_Cup.

We're unbeaten in cup finals against Falkirk - so there.

Take the hook out your mouth, canny believe someone would even go out there way and check on wiki. The main point I was making that you chose to ignore was the fact East Fife would bite your hand off to beat Rangers in a cup final yet one of your own tried to be little the tournament, So East Fife not bothering about the iron bru cup?

In pure honesty, the absolute seethe it caused the zombies was 100% worth it and if somehow it ever happened again, I'd be crying with laughter all over again.

By far and away the funniest post game scenes I've seen. Utterly awful game but we did the job. Their fans were flooding out and it was brilliant to see Rovers fans I've sat with and spoken to over the last year celebrating. Just complete joy walking back along London Road. Definitely one of the most celebrated goals I've had.

But of course, we're all in denial and wish we had won cups back in the 50s, and we'd never seen these in the flesh.

Me and another Pars fan were in Glasgow that weekend and watched it in the pub just outside Queen Street. There was a blue nose in there who literally got redder and angrier the more it went on and when you scored the winner... And we cheered... He looked like he was about to explode [emoji1]

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Me and another Pars fan were in Glasgow that weekend and watched it in the pub just outside Queen Street. There was a blue nose in there who literally got redder and angrier the more it went on and when you scored the winner... And we cheered... He looked like he was about to explode emoji1.png

Hibs late winner against Rangers in the cup final aside certainly the most I've celebrated a goal in a game that didn't involve the Pars. 

Edited by Jimmy85

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

Incidently unbeaten against the old firm in cup finals another wee fact there 

Close. The stat is we've beaten both halves of the Old Firm in cup finals.

(Even though they're not really Rangers!)

I've never known a game to unite fans of all clubs as much as that final did! And to even have Pars fans on here today admitting to cheering the goal, well all faith in humanity is restored!

Close. The stat is we've beaten both halves of the Old Firm in cup finals.
(Even though they're not really Rangers!)
I've never known a game to unite fans of all clubs as much as that final did! And to even have Pars fans on here today admitting to cheering the goal, well all faith in humanity is restored!

So we're unbeaten against the new "Old Firm" but not the old "Old Firm"

But we own our own ground so all is good. ????[emoji23]

My garden shed,
My garden shed,
My garden shed is bigger than this,
It's got a door and a window,
My garden shed is bigger than this.

My hamster's cage,
My hamster's cage,
My hamster's cage is bigger than this,
It's got some straw and a spin wheel
My hamsters cage is bigger than this.

1998 to be precise, that's about 700 more than yer average home attendance in higher league last season. [emoji867][emoji44][emoji85]????[emoji23] 

Your average attendance last season was 626 with your highest attendance being 918

Our average attendance was 2631 with our highest being 5899

Please don't make up shite to make your club look relevant. Cheers [emoji1360]

Your average attendance last season was 626 with your highest attendance being 918

Our average attendance was 2631 with our highest being 5899

Please don't make up shite to make your club look relevant. Cheers [emoji1360]

What was yer average home support attendance? Nowhere near 2631 that's for sure. ????[emoji23]