The New Raith Rovers Thread

Vaughan in a number 10 role?

You mean, someone like Vaughan?

Aye it could work with Vaughan in a 10 role - it'll be interesting to see what formation Smith will adopt because you'd expect Buchanan and Spence to be paired up top.

I'd just personally would like to see us bring in a midfielder who looks to dictate the play and get on the ball as from what I seen last season there wasn't a great deal this, and from the players we have signed up I just don't think any of them fit that bill.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Who needs 11 players?

I'm sure we already have someone who can be a shitty terrible left back. If we don't, we can get one. F**k it, did Locke not have Bobby Barr playing near enough as a full back in his final game against Morton?

Edited by renton

with regards to where else we need to add....

Goalkeeper - will we sign a backup to Cuthbert, or will it be the young Aussie as our Sub keeper? I mean.... surely 2 keepers can't be injured at the same time? :whistle

Defender - Obviously depends on what happens if Thomson doesn't sign a new deal. Would Davo play RB (where he was actually pretty good this year) - Defo a left back, and possibly another centre half?

Midfielder - need a couple I think. Right mid and ideally I'd like someone else for the centre, but maybe its one too many assuming you go with 2 from the 3 (Robertson, Callaghan, Matthews), and Barr on the other wing, and use guys like Thorsen, Stevenson or Davo as cover.

Maybe 1 or 2 more permanent signings, re-sign the ones we are negotiating with, and then supplement the squad with a few loan players, although I would rather give our youngsters a chance barring some massive injury crisis.

4 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Aye it could work with Vaughan in a 10 role - it'll be interesting to see what formation Smith will adopt because you'd expect Buchanan and Spence to be paired up top.

I'd just personally would like to see us bring in a midfielder who looks to dictate the play and get on the ball as from what I seen last season there wasn't a great deal this, and from the players we have signed up I just don't think any of them fit that bill.

Could a fit Scott Robertson be that man in midfield?

Or you looking at someone in a similar mould to Handling who got the ball and looked to press forward into attack?

Could a fit Scott Robertson be that man in midfield?
Or you looking at someone in a similar mould to Handling who got the ball and looked to press forward into attack?

More along the lines of Handling as well as setting up attacks.

I've been racking my brains the past 10 minutes to think of someone at our level to highlight but best example i can think of so bare with me [emoji23]... Chelsea with Kante and Fabregas in a midfield pair. Kante is the workhorse and does the dirty work where Fabregas sprays passes left right and centre, starts attacks and generally puts his stamp on the game.

It's not the best example obviously because we're the Rovers but hopefully paints a better understanding of what I'm getting at!

Great stuff.

Cuthbert, rb,lb, Bene, Murray, Matthews,Vaughan,Callachan, Spence, Buchanan, Barr. 

Subs. GK, Robertson, Court, Stevenson, defender, 

Docherty to come as LB? 

Keeper required, 2 defenders or 3, another winger/forward.

looking better than it did a week ago.

Did you mean to leave Davidson out? [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, rrfcgav said:

Very promising. I'm buzzing for the season to start 

Looking forward to Spence and Buchanan embarrassing Gary Locke when we go to cowden :thumsup2

23 hours ago, grumswall said:

@bambino7 has been quiet regarding this?

Eta the 7

Apologies just noticed this from a few pages back (reading backwards) nothing to say really.  It would be really difficult for anything to happen at the moment. 

What is that Hans creature all about? He's a fucking wrong'un.  

Edited by Bambino7